Arai. RX7 V

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Lads I'm going to get my lid Hydro Dipped and need to strip everything off it. I'm a bit hesitant with the inner parts what goes where and will it refit back in OK..anyone ever pulled a lid apart before any hints tips would be really helpful to me.

Cheers.

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Arai

You can find Arai helmet part schematics on their website which may prove useful. If in doubt you could always ask your local Arai Service Centre to do it for you. Having seen the work and effort that goes into having an Arai helmet painted I would personally leave it to an Arai trained technician or authorised painter to pull it apart.

Arai

There are only 5 authorised Arai helmet painters in the UK. If you choose to use any of them it will not affect your helmets warranty at all.

Re: Arai

Stuart, guess who is an authorised painter of Arai lids?

JimmyMac
I thought so Jimmy. Didnt really fancy blowing 500 quid on a paint Job off Ali... hmmmmm. Be cheaper buying a new lid. Its for my youngest anyhow...might just tidy it up and stick on the new visor and that I have...

You can find Arai helmet part schematics on their website which may prove useful. If in doubt you could always ask your local Arai Service Centre to do it for you. Having seen the work and effort that goes into having an Arai helmet painted I would personally leave it to an Arai trained technician or authorised painter to pull it apart.
Yea I downloaded the parts list Ryan... dont really fancy ripping out the lining if Im honest.

Stuart

Arai

Whenever Rich-Art Concepts paint my Arai helmets they strip them down to just the shell. I wouldn't want to try taking out the non-removable lining let alone removing any of the vents or air diffusers!

Whenever Rich-Art Concepts paint my Arai helmets they strip them down to just the shell. I wouldn't want to try taking out the non-removable lining let alone removing any of the vents or air diffusers!
I've decided against it Ryan.. I'll tidy it up' buy new pods and a chin vent and I have a new visor and pinlock in the house. It's for occasional use and will be fine.

Stuart

Back