Tyres

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read nothing but good reviews on them, So excited to get mine now! Shame at the time I ordered them as BST shut down for christmas and open up on the 8th! Hopefully before February I'll get them

Yeah was speaking to HPS, They providing me with a 47 tooth talon for 520 pitch

U gone 520 pitch fair play dude !! It’s the way to go in my opinion.
47 tooth Rear what u done front 15?
What chain did u settle for ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16/47 I believe, 520 DC QX chain whatever that means :D

Excited to put all this stuff on, Try out the wheels especially. Really hope its before feb :D

I booked it for February 2nd but don't want to do it before my wheels are on. Going to be a tight squeeze

haha I wouldn?t ride a customers bike like that. Never really ride customers bikes to be fair no reason to. It was a demonstrator but I have my own S1000rr and it?s come on those tyres from previous owner and I?m gunna kill them off and change them ASAP as they?re nearly new so no point in throwing them away they?ll be ok for winter riding as won?t really get to edge of tyres in this shite weather.

I don?t know what it was mate to be honest it happened once on road which possible could of been cold tyres as if only been on the bike ten mins or so but it happened on Oliver?s Mount the second time when I had bike laid on its side mid corner and I wasn?t even going quick really it?s just got tight corners and it was blazing hot that day so god knows.

I?ll see what their like on this bike as I know quite a few people like them and the new model with the different tread pattern are meant to be a lot better

Have a look matey it?s a brilliant public road that?s basically a racetrack at Scarborough and you can just go on.

It was my first time going there so you can imagine I wasn?t pushing it and it?s not as if I?m a speedy track rider because I?m not lol.

So weird going down the start finish straight and it feels like you shouldn?t be on there like you?ve sneaked on or something 😂

I used to race at night at Scarborough so must of been on it . Gonna google it ... intrigued
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

At night? In a car hopefully...?

OT: I recently just put on Dunlop Q3's and so far I love them, quick turn in and they just seem to keep on rolling over and never feels like you've hit the edge of the tyre and that's it (not edge edge, but old tyres once you lent over it felt like that was it and couldn't keep going)...they seemingly do heat up as quickly as I read about, but the ambient summer temps here in Oz probably help! Supposed to be quite good in the wet/damp as well due to the quick heat up and part silica compound. Time will tell on that front though.

I have the Pirelli Diablo Rosso 3, after having Bridgestone S20 and S21's, fancied a change
Really like them, as mentioned throughout this thread I am sure there are many others that will also do a good job, altho I have no personal knowledge of them

Having spoken to FWR tyres I have somehow ended up with Pilot Power Rs. Update in the next week on how I get on with them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These should be suitable for some Scottish weather and look much sportier than the Rosso 3 which I was gonna fit. Will be giving my local tyre dealer a call next week about these,good spy Alex.

Who do you use Ross? My Bridgestones are shreaded and I am needing some new shoes .. M7RR's preferably. Best price I can get supplied and fitted are from Ducati Glasgow, but im thinking of holding out as Metzeller usually do a cash back deal February/March time.

Who do you use Ross? My Bridgestones are shreaded and I am needing some new shoes .. M7RR's preferably. Best price I can get supplied and fitted are from Ducati Glasgow, but im thinking of holding out as Metzeller usually do a cash back deal February/March time.

Cupar Motorcycles. Am first on list as soon as they get them in,pirelli say available first quarter so hopefully no later. ?279 fitted to loose wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a heads up that I have been in touch with my pirelli man and he will be getting us some of the new roadrace tyres to review once they are available:).

Just a heads up that I have been in touch with my pirelli man and he will be getting us some of the new roadrace tyres to review once they are available:).

I think its very important we establish if their performance varies from bike to bike so although it'll be an inconvenience for me I'll take a free set for the Gixxer..... :cool:

I think its very important we establish if their performance varies from bike to bike so although it'll be an inconvenience for me I'll take a free set for the Gixxer..... :cool:

Good idea, however he would like us to review them because we ride the best sports bikes, otherwise you’d be first in line buddy. Bummer. ;)

Water off a ducks back Alex, I guess the guy at Pirelli assumed the Sthou came second in the Rutter TT test as it was handicapped by those crappy M7RRs (made by their sister company ) that only work on low tech Jap crap :untroubled:

Back