Tyres

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why fit tyres which Bridgestone saw fit to replace, twice?
S20 Evo then S21...

- Sent from Mobile

You mean develop? I like the evo’s. All I’m saying is my own personal experience with those tyres. Nobody is right or wrong it’s preference. If you like the m7’s that’s upto you

Thats got to be the first negative on M7RRs I've read..

I've had a few sets on and found them outstanding. But personal preference as you say mate.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I?ve had 2 bad experiences with the m7rr?s losing front end when you really start getting to edge of tyre. I?d never fit them to my bike. It?s currently got them on from when I?ve bought it and first thing I?ll be doing in new year is taking them straight off for S20?s.

Didn?t even ever lose front end with T-30?s which are a sports touring tyre so for me M7?s are shocking tyres.

I've used S20's and M7RRs on S1000's, when you say you lost the front on the Metzelers twice was it road or track, wet or dry?

Thats got to be the first negative on M7RRs I've read..

I've had a few sets on and found them outstanding. But personal preference as you say mate.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
TBF, there is a member on the Ducati Forum who is really scathing about them.
However, I?ve never had any problems ( obviously not pushing hard enough!) & as you state it depends on your riding style.

They are a different shape so it could be down to a preference for U vs V. The M7RR?s being the latter with a quick tip in, which could unsettle someone preferring ?U? shaped progressive tyres.

There are no bad tyres. But I personally choose the latest generation i.e S21 not S20...

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
Hmm, was thinking about trying Rosso 3's once the current RS10's are shot but they could be just the job, will keep an eye out for some reviews

Yes lost the front on an S1000r Sport twice while riding it and traction had to step in. It was on the road in the dry and also when I went to Oliver?s mount on it. I work for a motorrad dealer so ride a lot of the different bikes with different tyres. I was riding on S20 evo?s on a demo for ages with no issues and when we got new one with those metzelers on let?s just say I knew I wasn?t on good tyres anymore.

My friend rides his S1000rr on the M7?s and he likes them just for me they don?t inspire confidence and I think tyres are a really personal thing on a bike anyway

I agree with the confidence thing and you should go with what makes you happy, quite a few of us have done track days on M7RRs and I can tell you they stick to the edge just fine.

It may have even been something to do with the fact it was the S1000R naked so not as much weight over the front end but when I?d rode the previous demo with s20?s it wasn?t a problem.

I do use the S20 evo?s but will try some S21?s next

I'll be looking at the new Dunlop TT (Track Technology, as opposed to the IOM TT races) rubber when they are released in March 18. Aimed between track and fast road...

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

They are a different shape so it could be down to a preference for U vs V. The M7RR?s being the latter with a quick tip in, which could unsettle someone preferring ?U? shaped progressive tyres.

There are no bad tyres. But I personally choose the latest generation i.e S21 not S20...

- Sent from Mobile
This is the reason i will be going back to the sportsmart 2s next year over the m7rr i currently have on. Ive had no issues with either tyre but i like the roll in on the dunlops

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

New M7RR?s just fitted. Feels like a new bike again..

You lost the front and Tc had to step in? I don?t want to sound harsh mate but if you lost the front there?s nothing to save you on a s1000rr unless you were on the brakes?

Iv had a few sets of m7rr?s and ride fairly quickly and never had a problem with the them.

You lost the front and Tc had to step in? I don?t want to sound harsh mate but if you lost the front there?s nothing to save you on a s1000rr unless you were on the brakes?

Iv had a few sets of m7rr?s and ride fairly quickly and never had a problem with the them.

Don?t know what happened it happened that quick but I?ve also had customers go on test ride on those tyres and they came back and said o oh thing that let the bike down was those tyres so not just me

One lad who had a zx10r came back jumped off the bike and first thing out of his mouth was I love that bike but those tyres are shit lol

Back