Tyres

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They?re a step in the right direction, albeit a small one at this time of year lol ...

Pirelli SC compound tyres are designed exclusively for track use, regardless of the fact that they are road legal.
They are designed to be used with tyre warmers.

The SP compound Pirelli SuperCorsa?s are road tyres and provide two benefits, namely, ?far? greater longevity and safety.

If you intend to ride through the winter, I ?highly? recommend you consider a sport touring class tyre, such a Roadtech 01 or Pilot Road 3 etc.
If however you wish to stick with a 200/55 rear, then something in the all-rounder/sport category such as a Pirelli Diablo Rosso 3 would be a better option

Last edited:
They’re a step in the right direction, albeit a small one at this time of year lol ...

Pirelli SC compound tyres are designed exclusively for track use, regardless of the fact that they are road legal.
They are designed to be used with tyre warmers.

The SP compound Pirelli SuperCorsa’s are road tyres and provide two benefits, namely, “far” greater longevity and safety.

If you intend to ride through the winter, I “highly” recommend you consider a sport touring class tyre, such a Roadtech 01 or Pilot Road 3 etc.
If however you wish to stick with a 200/55 rear, then something in the all-rounder/sport category such as a Pirelli Diablo Rosso 3 would be a better option

Thanks for the reply, I had the PDR3's on my 2010, I did like them, But the SuperCorsas just look nice if you know what I mean >.<
Surely the SC's are better once they are heated up?

Thanks for the reply, I had the PDR3's on my 2010, I did like them, But the SuperCorsas just look nice if you know what I mean >.<

If you were heading out of the garage, fresh off warmers for a flying lap of the isle of Felix TT lol, then yes, the SC2?s would be far superior [emoji6]

But, on the road, in the real world, tyres ?never? reach anything close to track operating temperatures.
Road compounds are designed to work at lower temperatures and it is ?heat? which ultimately generates the grip and feel we desire, not what the tread looks like

The problem is getting them up to temp in this weather, it?s not easy to accelerate/brake hard to get heat into them.
If you do manage to risk life & limb to get them up a few degrees they drop off extremely quickly.
They don?t look as cool when you are sliding down the road lol.
I?ve found M7RR?s spot on year round.

M7rrs or Rosso3s for all year riding. You wont be able to push them beyond their limits, Scs and Sps are going to make any cold/wet riding extremely hazardous, slow, dangerous, and not enjoyable. The rosso3 tyre has a nice sporty tread pattern if thats what you are after.

Michael Rutter did a 121mph lap of the TT course on M7RRs so unless you intend to do a lot of track days or can ride faster than him on the road they make for a sound choice - other similar do it all tyres are available...

They don’t make you feel cool either when a spotty club racing 17 year old with supersport dreams laps you for the second time on a shagged out sv650 minitwin giving you s@% for ruining his lap time!!

follow some of the advice on road tyres, they’re very confidence inspiring at this time of the year.

And the Rosso3's are easy on the eye too IMO ;) (Which appears to be the primary concern :p )

Used Racetec RR k3's middle of this year at Oulton pk, couldn't fault them, gripped to the end and lasted well....Not tried them in the cold or wet though. Now use the K2's and K1's when not on slicks. Would say that the RR's are marginally better than the sc's (IMO)

This time of year avoid any tyre advertised as fast road / track tyre. Best choices in my opinion would come from (in no particular order) M7RR, Pilot Road 4, Sportsmart 2, Rosso Corsa. Always state tyres are very much personal choice. In simple terms you could put most riders on a bike with MotoGP or WSB slicks on and they would say after 1 lap on a hot dry track they didn?t like them. Simply due to not enough talent to keep the heat in them to get them working properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone tried a set of Racetec RR ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very good in the dry/damp conditions, excellent on track loads of feel, took it easy ish in cold but still quick if smooth. ., changed mine as I wanted to ride when its chucking it down in France. :)

Felix,
Rosso 3's are a reasonable tyre looks wise, M7RR prob good for grip and your needs.

Last edited:
I Like to use the Bridgestone S20 evo's BMW often build them with those tyres on aswell so can't be bad. Done Trackdays and the ring on them never had a problem, Fantastic grip in summer or in heavy rain

I Like to use the Bridgestone S20 evo's BMW often build them with those tyres on aswell so can't be bad. Done Trackdays and the ring on them never had a problem, Fantastic grip in summer or in heavy rain

I used the S21?s throughout the Summer, found the front end fantastic in the dry!

I used to put Supercorsas on my old bike, but I'd never have them again. They're great in the dry but I had zero confidence in them in the wet/damp. I've been using S20/S20 Evos for the last couple of years and haven't had an issue till the current set where the front seems to have lost all grip a lot sooner than it should.

I'll be getting a set of M7RRs fitted in the new year.

Having new tyres fitted to mine next week, sticking with the M7RR?s.

just fitted bridgestone s21s what a great tyre sticky from new and good in the wet to tri compound rear hard center medium then soft on the shoulder so a great all round set and not a bad price got mine for ?178 the pair and ?10 fitted

I?ve had 2 bad experiences with the m7rr?s losing front end when you really start getting to edge of tyre. I?d never fit them to my bike. It?s currently got them on from when I?ve bought it and first thing I?ll be doing in new year is taking them straight off for S20?s.

Didn?t even ever lose front end with T-30?s which are a sports touring tyre so for me M7?s are shocking tyres.

Back