Maybe stupid question

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swty

Reaction score
As the title says may be a stupid question but I am looking to buy a new bike in March was looking at this site to lead me correctly.
Now I have settled on pre reg new bike with dynamic pack but then I saw hp4 now I am confused again would I be better off getting a 2014 hp4 or is there no need.
The spec doesn?t seem a lot different apart from the exhaust.please help thought I had settled on a bike now confused.

2015+ is pretty much a Hp4 and debatably better. Hp4 will hold value a lot more thoigh

Not a stupid question. There are plenty of myths about...

Stick with the pre reg bike and dont buy the hp4. There are lots of differences between the bikes, the main obvious one being the hp4 did not come with the blipper on the gearbox (downshift) that you get on the gen 3. They handle and ride differently because the hp4 was essentially a race bike homogenated for road use.

Last time I looked on autotrader there were 2 decent HP4 Carbons available for sale, and a number of dodgy standard and fake carbon versions. Unless the bike is very clean and has a fully documented bmw history, and you know it has not been used as a track bike, I would steer clear.

Sure the depreciation on the hp4 will be less but as above, unless you know the history it’s probably not worth the risk.

Thanks all brilliant site once again the answers I needed.

Not a stupid question. There are plenty of myths about...

Stick with the pre reg bike and dont buy the hp4. There are lots of differences between the bikes, the main obvious one being the hp4 did not come with the blipper on the gearbox (downshift) that you get on the gen 3. They handle and ride differently because the hp4 was essentially a race bike homogenated for road use.

Last time I looked on autotrader there were 2 decent HP4 Carbons available for sale, and a number of dodgy standard and fake carbon versions. Unless the bike is very clean and has a fully documented bmw history, and you know it has not been used as a track bike, I would steer clear.

Sure the depreciation on the hp4 will be less but as above, unless you know the history it’s probably not worth the risk.

I would agree with all the above and point out that you would look infinitely cooler on the HP4, lol.

JimmyMac

Personally I'd buy the bike that put the biggest smile on my face :smile-new:

Would like a hp4 but would buy a gen3 if I was spending my money.

Hp4 has that ohh factor though.

Meh just buy a honda [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back