Akra headers nightmare lol

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billyboy

Reaction score
So jus installed akra headers and link pipe and once I got it all on I realised that the link pipe doesn't fit my sc project crt at all!! Any experience with this guys? Not sure what I suppose to do with it? Lol

Akrapovič

Akrapovič only design their headers to be compatible with their own exhausts and not other brands. Unless you want to pay a machinist/welder to make some significant modifications to them, along with making a bespoke mounting bracket, you are far better off buying a compatible Akrapovič exhaust to fit them.

I fitted a shorty 2013 Akro to my 2015, just got a local exhaust shop to make me a new link pipe. looks far better than that long Akro in my eyes

Dean

What a pain lol! Think I might get a fabricator to make a new link pipe from the headers as I love my sc project to much to get rid lol

What Akra system is this? I have the Akra system that is fitted to the HP4 and the SC Project CRT is designed for that 65mm link pipe.

I assume you have the 60mm link pipe in which case it might be worth finding out if the 60mm link pipe is a straight swap for the 65mm one although I suspect that only comes in titanium.

What Akra system is this? I have the Akra system that is fitted to the HP4 and the SC Project CRT is designed for that 65mm link pipe.

I assume you have the 60mm link pipe in which case it might be worth finding out if the 60mm link pipe is a straight swap for the 65mm one although I suspect that only comes in titanium.

Yeah I've made a few calls and there's nothing for the SS akras to link to SC crt so taking my bike to mhp in clacton in the new year and he's gonna make a link pipe for me.

Back