Hi

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lewis666

Reaction score
Hi all.
I'm Lewis and I live in Norfolk. I am currently a ducati 1299 owner (what a mistake), however after only 5 months i have purchased a 2016 s1krr which I'm getting in just over a week and cannot wait to get out on it when the weather allows.
Are there any issues I need to look out for with the new bike or will it be (fingers crossed) plain sailing. Thanks for any info.

Hi Lewis, I also own a 1299 & and a 2016 S1K which I bought 12 months into Ducati ownership.
Two very different bikes ( & manufacturer support).
I obviously don?t know your panigale issues, but I feel your pain!
Assuming you haven?t been unlucky enough to buy a lemon ( always a possibility, irrespective of brand) then it should be plain sailing from here.
At the risk of stealing @Oli?s thunder, what kind of riding do you do?

Welcome to the forum.

Hi. I don't really have major issues with the 1299, just haven't gelled with it as I thought I would hence the change to the s1k for hopefully a more enjoyable ride. I only ride on the road so hoping the s1k will suit that better as just found the 1299 a pain for average riding.

Welcome to the forum Lewis, I took a 1299S out for a test ride and liked it a lot, a different proposition to the Sthou of course, I think you'll find the BMW very easy to get on with - which colour have you gone for and has it got any extras?

Hi Macrr, I have gone for a black one, perf pack but I guess most have this, tinted taller screen, Austin racing can and tail tidy and that's about it.
I had a 2016 zx10r before the 1299 and that was good but when my other half decided she wanted a 959 I took out a 1299 and enjoyed but it wasnt a very long test ride and after buying one and having longer runs I have realised it isn't for me hence the change

Your Sthou sounds nice, I had an AR can on mine - gives the bike a much better sound track particularly the pops and bangs on down shifts :) I found the ZX10 uncomfortable and lacking grunt when I rode one, although if had superb front end feel, hopefully you'll get to sneak out on the bike in between snow showers! Excellent forum this, so make the most of it.

Welcome to the forum Lewis and congratulations on your new RR!

Norfolk is a lovely part of the country with good roads and not too much traffic (in comparison to Essex).

I?m sorry to hear you haven?t gelled with your Panigale. I am wholly confident that you will be 100 % happy with your S1K.
I can whole heartedly say mine is without doubt the best bike I?ve ever owned. I can?t fault the ownership experience at all, the bike, the dealership experience and this forum are absolutely fantastic!

Hope the weather stays dry and above freezing for as long as possible so you can enjoy your new steed through the winter months.

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here (as you?re no doubt already finding out) and loads of information.
May you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Hi lewis, welcome to the forum. The bmw should be hassle free, if not, we are here and have probably come across whatever it may be. Overall they are very reliable bikes and much easier to get on with than the ducati. Hope you enjoy your ownership experience.

Back