Akro headers install

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billyboy

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm installing my akra headers tomorrow, what Do I do with the servo motor/cables..? Do I have to drop the rear shock and swing arm to remove them? And does this bring any warning lights on the dash...Thanks.

Do not remove the servo motors, this will cause a warning message to appear.
The cables can be disconnected though so long as the servo rotor isn?t moved

What Oil said. And you don’t need to drop the rear shock or swing arm. Just take your time. Also if you have got an extra pair of hands when dropping off the cat it helps.

Exhaust Gaskets

Just a note, which is not always considered essential by some, but whenever I've fitted a full system I've always replaced the exhaust gaskets to avoid exhaust gas leakage. Exhaust gaskets are generally only designed for one use as they are crushed when the headers are torqued creating a seal. The small things are often overlooked but every little helps when making performance modifications. The BMW part number is 18 51 8 542 088 and you would need to order 4.

I've changed the exhaust on the s1000rr twice, de-catted it once. It was a very painful job.
I remember when I decatted the stock to fit the Y Pipe for the Austin I was doing it for 8 hours. Ended at 4am and then rode it cause I couldn't wait to hear what it sounded like

Akrapovič

If you have the correct tools it should only take you 2-3 hours to change the exhaust system. The time consuming part is accessing the rear exhaust servo, but the rest of the installation is straightforward.

Back