Hi All

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99MS

Reaction score
Hi guys
Hope you all well. My names Seth and i am from london. Finally decided to start bike hunting and the S1K is right for me. Last bike was a L4 Gixer 600 and after have some miles on a pals S1k i knew i had to have 1
Looking foward to sharing with you when i fianlly find the right 1.

Thanks!

Hi mate

It all depends on the bike ideally the grey/silver gen 3 but i am open minded for gen 2

Welcome to the forum Seth!

GSXR 600?s are great bikes, what sort of riding do you enjoy primarily?
Best of luck with the search for your ideal S1K.
Now is a good time to be in the market, there should be some good deals to be had.

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information

Oli

Thank mate. ive seen a couple with traders both in yorkshire

has anyone had any dealsing with rite-bike and jordans bike?

Welcome man. Gen 1's and 2's are roughly the same I believe. Gen 3's have great reviews from a lot of people.

Hi Oli

Im more of social rider during summer and the odd commute to work the 600 was great for a 1st bike but very uncomfortable im 6"2 and i just didnt enjoy nor felt confident on the bike.
the s1k is a serious bike but the comfort i got was the best

Welcome man. Gen 1's and 2's are roughly the same I believe. Gen 3's have great reviews from a lot of people.

Hi mate

im steering more towards a gen 3 as i want to keep it for a few years and do some tasty mods myself

Same as me mate. Had a 2010 but then sold as it was getting old + found out someone clocked it haha.
Love my 2015 and spent well over 7k on mods. Love it and wish to keep adding more still.

I'm also in London so HMU when you get one :)

Jordans buy a lot of their bmw stock from Alan Jeffries who are a bmw dealer, so I would have thought they are ok. Gen 3 is the better, more evolved bike, more roomy, so it sounds like thats the one for you.

I havent dealt with Jordans myself but would happily go check them out if necessary, bike shopping is never a chore lol.

Hi Oli

Im more of social rider during summer and the odd commute to work the 600 was great for a 1st bike but very uncomfortable im 6"2 and i just didnt enjoy nor felt confident on the bike.

Suggest you budget for adjustable rear sets for a bit more legroom otherwise the riding position on the gen3 is pretty comfortable at all speeds

Hi Oli

I?m 6?1.5 and find S1K?s to be very accommodating for taller riders. That being said, I would recommend adjustable rearsets as it?s immensely useful being able to get your legs in the correct position to grip the tank and/or provide more comfort.

I agree with you, Felix and Soofsayer re a Gen 3 bike, anything from 2015 onwards will be a Gen 3 so it?s only colours which differ.

Best of luck with your search and the next chapter in your motorcycling adventure [emoji6]

Oli

Last edited:
Cheers mate.

If anyone is around the london/essex area looking to sel do get in touch.
in terms of rear sets and mods i know the forum will be the best place to source it all

Welcome,

Check the insurance is affordable. I live in central london and its bloody expensive even with a tracker and chains.

Don?t buy before knowing as it can affect your monthly running costs.

- Sent from Mobile

Thank mate. ive seen a couple with traders both in yorkshire

has anyone had any dealsing with rite-bike and jordans bike?
I looked at a S1k from one of these dealers earlier this year. It was a 17 motorsport with full Akra with approx 650 miles on the clock.

I called the supplying dealer and asked about the history and was told the running in service had been done on time.
I asked why the bike had been traded in so soon and got a vague answer.

A colleague had an ?in? withthe supplying dealer & probed further. Turned out the bike had been tracked from day one ( before running in) , reverse QS & race pads. The full Akra had been home installed from an old bike.

They are tough bikes , but that wasn?t for me.

Dealers offload excess stock to indies , however also use this as an outlet to dispose of controversial/conscious stock.

Ask as many questions as you can and good luck, they truly are fantastic bikes.

Wee update lads! just paid a depo on a Gen 3 today!! so excited:triumphant:

Latest posts

Back