Anyone still riding?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or, I ride in the Snow and have mas heeve Bollocks!!! lol

Must resist and .... oh sod it [emoji23]
927707fa79ffaf066649b30e697c2e73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm riding my drz right now, has been fine the last two days but jeez is it scary in the snow.

No idea how you keep the s1k up over the ice Chuck, I nearly fell off leaving a car park on Monday.

At least the bike parking is easy to find :smug:

Yes I still ride over the winter but only when dry and no ice. I did all that when I was a lad. I ride my FZ1 Yamaha through the winter months and agree that heated gloves are a must, as I suffer with white finger, and heated grips don't warm the fingers sufficiently for me.
Not riding just at the moment though as the controller in the glove wiring seems to have gone faulty and is back at the manufacturers for repair or replacement. I'm really stumped without 'em😢

Happy to say that I got a new controller from the manufacturers the other day, so as soon as this ice etc has gone, then so shall I be!
Sorry Jimmy but I'm just not that brave. I can still feel that awful slide when you know you're going down💥 And that was donkeys years ago😟

I took a demo bike out on Saturday, the temp on the dash said 2c! my thoughts were with the ?1000 if I dropped it. I didn't get much feeling from the front end, going back tomorrow for another ride in hopefully 8-9c.

I took a demo bike out on Saturday, the temp on the dash said 2c! my thoughts were with the ?1000 if I dropped it. I didn't get much feeling from the front end, going back tomorrow for another ride in hopefully 8-9c.

It?s a sign for you to stay on the dark side phil!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil. I test rode the rr a couple of times, but both were pre 600 mile rev limiter coming off, in hindsight, a waste of time as it was nowhere near as fast as my then RC8R.
I bought solely on the basis of getting smoked on track by rr?s regularly and was not disappointed when the rev limiter came off.
Point being: test ride a de-restricted rr in the dry, or don?t bother.

Seen quite a few bikes going to and from work in icy conditions, did that in my youth, take my hat off to them as I wouldn't do it now particularly as that salty winter sludge destroys your bike.

I?m climbing the walls waiting for the chance to get out again! Got a load of heated gear to try too. On the subject of the Power RS I raised earlier I wrote to Michelin and asked them about the RS in single digit temperatures and got the below reply... a bit generic but clear they expect them to operate.

Thanks for getting in touch with Michelin. It's always nice to hear from other year round riders.

The Power RS are typically used the most in warmer, drier conditions, but we are always careful to ensure that any road based tyre we produce will still perform well over a large range of weather conditions and they're by no means a summer only tyre. Do make sure that they are correctly inflated and allow a little more time for them to warm up in cold conditions and they should continue to perform very well for you.

In very cold conditions and when the surfaces may be greasy, contaminated by salt and grit and so on the potential grip limits are reduced regardless of the tyre, so bear that in mind and enjoy your riding.

I'm going stir crazy at night...I ******* hate the winter... it's by and large 6 months of hell !.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On a positive note ... tomorrow 21st December is winter solstice...

Yep which means summers coming [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm going stir crazy at night...I ******* hate the winter... it's by and large 6 months of hell !.

You could move South Stuart :encouragement::encouragement:

We do get the odd spell of crap but today was a rather balmy 9c..

Back