Anyone still riding?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was but I'm getting fed up with the road salt Dickin with the brakes so may wait until the weather warms a little and they stop gritting.

Yeah still out every day, one day SThou & alternate day cycle.
Can?t honestly work out which is more arse twitchy.
Impressive mileage Gixxer.

i rode all the way from my garage to my winter shed at the end of the garden, with both feet on the ground.lol

Yep, still riding. I've gone to Defcon 4 on keeping warm though and have bought a Keis heated jacket. It's a LOT warmer than the heated vest and you need to have a buff or something inside the collar. I didn't on my first long trip and on medium it singed my neck a bit!

mainly using my XR at the minute but the RR gets a run most weeks

Still riding, but on my Divvy which I bought to keep the road salt off the BMW. No heated grips, so heated gloves are essential.

Yes I still ride over the winter but only when dry and no ice. I did all that when I was a lad. I ride my FZ1 Yamaha through the winter months and agree that heated gloves are a must, as I suffer with white finger, and heated grips don't warm the fingers sufficiently for me.
Not riding just at the moment though as the controller in the glove wiring seems to have gone faulty and is back at the manufacturers for repair or replacement. I'm really stumped without 'em😢

Never stop riding but if the weather is howling its on the GSA, must still be a Lad RR, as snow and ice only stop me when I'm on my arse. Lol

Which has healed up braw, but no pics before you ask.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Good mileage gixxer.. especially at this time of year..

I would be out on mine if I had my fxxking boots... FC Moto still silent about my order, not impressed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've been out today for a squirt up to see my mumsie in the care home. Biggest problem was after about 50 feet from home - forestry commission have been thinning out the woods behind my house - lazy gits havent bothered to clear the mud'nshit from the road - luckily mr TC caught and prevented what would have been a very embarrassing situation.

I stopped when the salt went down. Bloody stuff destroyed every nut /bolt and chain last winter.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Both bikes are wrapped up now although i may do an oil and filter change tomorrow and get some "dragons blood" into her

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So long as it?s not snowing and/or above zero I ride year round. Haven?t been riding lately though as have been too busy with work, but am hoping in the next few weeks I?ll be enjoying life on two wheels again!
Got some heated kit to test properly, which means more Oli reviews are in the pipeline lol!

Think it?s fair to say @GixxerChuck has the honours of highest annual mileage, good job! Hope they?ve all been miles of smiles!

I don't bother. I don't enjoy it.

And it corrodes bikes so fast.

Alot of farmers doing stuff at the mo so you come around corner to masses of muck

Heated gloves and jacket are a deffo but regular washing helps with the salt. Gixxer is still running on trackdays with 99k on the clock. Bit luckier with weather down here as well. Cue thunderstorms and snow [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely not , strictly a fair weather rider. Can't see any enjoyment in going out when it's absolutely baltic.

Back