6000 Mile Service

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
...has arrived.
Appears to be changing the: Engine oil, oil filter and air filter
Bahnstormers (Alton) charge ?220. Chandlers (Brighton) charge ?280.
Notwithstanding the lack of a dealer service stamp if I DIY, how much am I looking at for parts if I go cheapskate?
Cheers
H

?94.13 inc vat delivered if you buy from me. All genuine parts and won't affect the warranty as you'll have an invoice from a BMW dealer showing genuine parts were supplied :)

Is it true that DIY with OEM parts doesn't affect warranty? I thought it had to be done by a VAT registered bike shop (but not necessarily a BMW dealer)?

No. As long as they are BMW genuine items and the part number is shown there is no problem.

I have never ever had a claim refused or even questioned for anything warranty related regardless of paperwork. All they ask is "has it been serviced to schedule with BMW parts?" if the answer is yes, no problem :).

don't forget someone will need to rest the service indicator - dealer or GS911 only way I know

^ exactly this. Also BMW kindly cover your coolant temp gauge with a big service reminder until its done.

Thanks Mike. Does this come on at 1 year? I haven't noticed a service warning yet, although TBH I never look at the screen.
Indeed, I recently realised I've been riding around in rain mode for a few weeks, oops! I thought I was beginning to tame the beast (fat f**king chance). :-D

The service warning will come on at 6000 miles or 1 year whichever comes first.

I bought GS911 specifically to get rid of it!

Last edited:
yep me too, $300 instead of ?300, but not cheap - local independants wanted ?25 - ?30 to do it - not sure what main dealers charge?

?94.13 inc vat delivered if you buy from me. All genuine parts and won't affect the warranty as you'll have an invoice from a BMW dealer showing genuine parts were supplied :)
Hi Tim. Could you do a repeat deal? Got my 12K service coming up.
Also, could you give me a price to supply whatever BMW parts I need so I can change the brake oil: I just realised why my brakes are a bit spongy having now read the service interval table all the way to the right hand side of the page, DOH!
Cheers, H

Hi Tim. Could you do a repeat deal? Got my 12K service coming up.
Also, could you give me a price to supply whatever BMW parts I need so I can change the brake oil: I just realised why my brakes are a bit spongy having now read the service interval table all the way to the right hand side of the page, DOH!
Cheers, H

Hi H, I?ll gladly do the same deal. I?d recommend something other than BMW brake fluid if you?re doing any track work or hard braking on the road. It doesn?t seem too great after a few heat cycles.
I use EBC BF307+ Fluid in our race cars and now in my RR.

Best regards,

Tim.

Hi H, I’ll gladly do the same deal. I’d recommend something other than BMW brake fluid if you’re doing any track work or hard braking on the road. It doesn’t seem too great after a few heat cycles.
I use EBC BF307+ Fluid in our race cars and now in my RR.

Best regards,

Tim.

Thanks Tim, you're a star. Just sent a PM and will call Lind. Cheers, Hugh

Latest posts

Back