Gen 3 HP Airbox Cover

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alol

Reaction score
Hi

I have a HP Carbon airbox cover for my 2016 (Gen 3) bike.

Has anyone. on here fitted one of these WITHOUT the tank sides?

Reason i ask if i have the Red tank & fairing panels on my bike but the tabs on these that locate under the cover will not sit within the cover as the OE ABS one. Looking at them side by side the brackets on the cover between the two types are not exactly the same but the Carbon one does not look noticeably thicker( don't really wish to file anything) than the OE one. Just wondering if it is only compatible with the HP tank sides which i would not want to fit as i do not yearn for a completely Black bike.

Thanks

BMW HP Carbon Fibre Airbox Cover

I have one fitted to my track bike with the OEM side panels. It simply bolts on in place of the painted OEM cover.
[FONT=.SFUIText]
attachment.php
[/FONT]

Hi, It can be done then! Can't understand why mine won't sit correctly. I try to push the tab as i put the side bolts in & it just keeps forcing the tab out of the side. Going to try one of those plastic tools you use to remove car interior trim and see if i can hold it flush.

All you need to do is loosen the bolts securing the side panels; remove the OEM airbox cover; fit the HP carbon fibre cover and then tighten the side panel bolts. It really is that simple and you do not need any tools apart from a torx key to loosen and tighten the bolts.

Done all that. Loosened all 3 tank panel bolts. No change

That's very bizarre. Mine went on first time without any fitting issues.

Got it fitted now after a bit of jiggery pokery. Was being a bit of a wetter i guess thanks to BMW crap "quality" bodypanels!

Good to hear you finally managed to fit it.

Latest posts

Back