Mapping....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billyboy

Reaction score
Who would be your choice of mapper out of jhs racing or hm racing for the rapid bike race module..?

HM Racing

HM Racing always receive positive reviews and have quite a bit of experience mapping bikes with Rapidbike modules. They also race BMWs so know what works and what doesn't.

Liam at Performance Parts Ltd (distributor) has a list of approved mappers.

But yes I used HM Racing.
Jay used RJS near Mallory I believe.

- Sent from Mobile

Does the Rapid bike module require dyno time or is it plug and play?

Well I've brought the rapid bike race module with wiring harness ect....which I believe you can plug and play with, but heard from a few that dyno time and a good setup is always gonna fine tweak things and make sure everything running full potential and safe..?

Well I've brought the rapid bike race module with wiring harness ect....which I believe you can plug and play with, but heard from a few that dyno time and a good setup is always gonna fine tweak things and make sure everything running full potential and safe..?
Ok thanks. Mine is for trackdays with a full race system and air filter. Is the easy module appropriate or is the race module better suited?

To my limited knowledge at the moment I believe the race module is better because alot more can be accessed through mapping, however I'm no expert and there's alot of guys on here (who advised me to go the race module) who have alot more knowledge about it.

Liam at Performance Parts Ltd (distributor) has a list of approved mappers.

But yes I used HM Racing.
Jay used RJS near Mallory I believe.

- Sent from Mobile
Alex,
Did you get yours tuned on a dyno then?

Yes. But you could probably run fine on the base map supplied.

- Sent from Mobile

Yes. But you could probably run fine on the base map supplied.

- Sent from Mobile
Ok great, thanks. Think i'll go down this route then. Am i right in thinking if you tell the supplying dealer what spec your bike is in they load the 'best fit' base map and then it autotunes from there?

Honestly, not sure about the autotune on the race version.
But yes the dealer can get the unit with the correct base map loaded.

- Sent from Mobile

Ok great, thanks. Think i'll go down this route then. Am i right in thinking if you tell the supplying dealer what spec your bike is in they load the 'best fit' base map and then it autotunes from there?

just had my arka race system put on bike bmc filter rapid bike racing and custom map 199 hp on my 2017 rr
not bad runs spot on.
I was gonna go bmw hp calibration kit and maps thinking this rapid bike gonna be rubbish but its spot on real happy with it
roll on summer :eagerness:

Last edited:
just had my arka race system put on bike bmc filter rapid bike racing and custom map 199 hp on my 2017 rr
not bad runs spot on.
I was gonna go bmw hp calibration kit and maps thinking this rapid bike gonna be rubbish but its spot on real happy with it
roll on summer :eagerness:
So you've had a custom map done by a dyno tuner or by the rapid bike module?

Mapping

Absolutely nothing beats time on a Dyno and custom mapping for whatever fuel management system that you are using.

Re: Mapping

Absolutely nothing beats time on a Dyno and custom mapping for whatever fuel management system that you are using.
SO whats the advantage of the Rapid Bike module? I thought it would optimise as you ride and generate the correct map, and that was its advantage over other devices?

SO whats the advantage of the Rapid Bike module? I thought it would optimise as you ride and generate the correct map, and that was its advantage over other devices?

Some of the advantages are that it takes the signal from the lambda sensor, which, on the 17 model Euro4 bikes is essential.

The Rapid Bike Race module allows the tuning of all 8 injectors and ignition timing. To achieve this from a PCV, one would need to purchase the Secondary Fuel and Ignition modules.

Lastly, the Rapid Bike modules are closed-loop, in that they work with the lambda sensor in the exhaust to adapt the fuel map in real time based on O2 level. For example, if you were riding up the alps, the map would be adapting based on elevation changes in real time.
In contrast, a PCV or Bazzaz module are open-loop, and require the removal of the stock O2 sensor(s), resulting in a ?static? map of sorts.
A PCV and Bazzaz module can gain this functionality with their respective Auto-Tune modules.

As Ryan mentions though, despite the Rapid Bike being able to build a map on its own over time, nothing beats a custom set-up on a Dyno. In my opinion, if you are spending the money on a fuel module, it is very much in your interest to have it mapped on a Dyno.

Last edited:
Back