Next Tyres

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsas, on my second rear and 1st front. Reasonable mileage, good grip even when pushed.

Cant beat the K3's for outright performance though ;)

phil, how many more miles did you get out of the pirelli's compared to the K3's mate

jamie link=topic=1203.msg11116#msg11116 date=1343852659 said:
phil, how many more miles did you get out of the pirelli's compared to the K3's mate
4-5K rear 7k front, thats without loads of motorway miles. ;D I used to rip up tyres especially the Fronts (20 yrs ago) but now they tend to last a bit longer :D

phil link=topic=1203.msg11118#msg11118 date=1343854623 said:
jamie link=topic=1203.msg11116#msg11116 date=1343852659 said:
4-5K rear 7k front, thats without loads of motorway miles. ;D I used to rip up tyres especially the Fronts (20 yrs ago) but now they tend to last a bit longer :D
Think i need some lessons off u Phil, thats dream mileage for sticky rubber in my world ;)

i need new tyres soon anyone tried these new bridgestone s20s yet not after ultimate grip because to to you the truth i haven't had a tyre let go on me since michelin hi sport days !!

Ive just fitted a rear Dunlop sports smart and cant fault it , i hope it lasts longer than my Conti attack 2 after i had it dynoed on friday ::) completly gooshed it.

Billy

Pilot Road 3's
Fantastic Tyre and they've lasted well despite the punishment of motorway miles going to and from work.
Far better than the Sh!t BMW try and force its owners to use.

Billy link=topic=1203.msg11728#msg11728 date=1344880884 said:
Ive just fitted a rear Dunlop sports smart and cant fault it , i hope it lasts longer than my Conti attack 2 after i had it dynoed on friday ::) completly gooshed it.

Billy

Dunlop front and rear I hope - mismatched tyres not a good idea.

billybob link=topic=1203.msg11717#msg11717 date=1344874200 said:
i need new tyres soon anyone tried these new bridgestone s20s yet not after ultimate grip because to to you the truth i haven't had a tyre let go on me since michelin hi sport days !!
Lol at Hi Sports, i'd forgotten about those! I bought a 916 about 10 yrs ago with these on, dreadful tyre :eek:

Billy link=topic=1203.msg11728#msg11728 date=1344880884 said:

Billy

Think you will be pleasantly surprised......

Are you just a track day rider co op?
What's your average annual mileage
It seems odd you can get 2000 miles from a set of racetecs , yet slate 2 cts ,
Have you had a bad experience with em?
They'll never be as grippy as an out an out sports tire though
Each to their own I suppose

Bob, which varient of the 2cts do you like?

I think I had the Power Pure 2ct and hated them.

coop link=topic=1203.msg12031#msg12031 date=1345239803 said:
Michelins 2CT are crap.

I agree, Pilot Power 2CT's are crap tyres.
They don't give much warning or feedback when your nearing the limit with them.

Yeah I meant the powers , not the pures
It's weird there is such a disparity in opinions
I ran on the edge of mine from the start , are they interacts ?....... Absolutely not , but I suppose in my mind a 1000 miles from a set of racetecs vs 3000 miles from the 2cts was worth the compromise in my head
I wouldn't track the ct's but I do over 6000 miles a year on my bike so can't always afford the soft tires

Juries still out on my sportsmarts

I hated my michelins 2ct's. Had the weirdest sensation from them that I can only describe as wriggling. I got 2500 miles from them but hated almost ever mile. Racetecs I get 1000 miles, Dunlop qualifiers about the same a 1000 miles but am on my 2nd set of Pirelli BSB's and am getting 2500+ and the grip like glue, have fantastic feedback, nice profile and considering the lack of tread pattern are surprisingly good in the wet.....

But tyres are a bit like women, some like them big fat and ugly with high milage and others like them slim and good looking with not to many miles on the clock
;D

Back