Next Tyres

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milly

Reaction score
im not far off chucking in my metzeler k3s for a new set of tyres, any recommendations lads?

need more information fella, if you were happy with the grip and milage of the metzelers I'd stick with them

mmmmmm , well theres lots of posts on here on this subject , have tried lots..
for a good compromise you want the old stylee michelin 2CTs IMHO...... 8)

Agree with bob - I had the 2CT tyres on my fire blade for the same reason of compromise between longevity and grip and was very happy with them. I have to say that after buying the S1k that had racetecs fitted they feel better and will be sticking (lol) with them, but that is probably cus I am now doing some trackdays now.

Depends how you like to ride, but you could do a lot worse than go for the 2CTs

I like the Metzeler k2 and K3s. However I may do a longish trip so for that and winter I may try the Sportec Interact M5

Dunlop Sportsmarts for me. Apparently the best fast road tyre available.

Impressed with the Diablo Rosso Corsas at the moment. Good in the wet (well tested) and good feel on the road and more than up for a trackday. So far 2500 miles and going strong.

K1 front, K2 rear.... not great mileage but they stick like glue. Prob not what u were after but if i was after tyre longevity I'd be riding a honda hornet not a 193hp missile :eek:

Cheers lads... Johnboy your right really just wanted something thst maybe last a little longer the k3s are cool but wanted opinions really my mate steveo on here has m5s hes pretty impressed with them may have a go at them

BSB's :) tried the K1,K2 and K3's all really good but less than a 1000 miles is a bit harsh from any of them. Had 2 sets of BSB's and am getting over 2500 miles, happy days!!

have tried M5's....biz
got sportsmarts at the moment alright when warm and nice in wet , but not as good as 2CT's for me

Pirelli diablo rosso corsa's. I've got sports smarts on now ok for the road but push them hard or try anything funny before their up to temp forget it

unionjack link=topic=1203.msg11003#msg11003 date=1343584162 said:
Impressed with the Diablo Rosso Corsas at the moment. Good in the wet (well tested) and good feel on the road and more than up for a trackday. So far 2500 miles and going strong.
x2 really like these tyres, best all rounders ive had. used them all the time on last bikes. would have gone for them again but going for the K2 K3's after hearing so much about them on here.

Bridgestones are shit full stop. I can't stand them. I was properly horrified to find out my new bike (collecting tomorrow) is shod with BT016s. I can't think of a worse tyre. Luckily, the dealer is swapping them for some Racetecs. Apparently, 25% of new S1Rs will come with 016s, 25% with Continentals (which I was happy to try as the demo bike had them on) and 50% with Racetecs.

I shat out it would seem. If you are buying a new bike be careful what boots it's wearing.

andybarsblade link=topic=1203.msg11019#msg11019 date=1343603823 said:
Pirelli diablo rosso corsa's. I've got sports smarts on now ok for the road but push them hard or try anything funny before their up to temp forget it

Patience ! :) sportsmarts good for me, track days low to mid fast group, road mileage good as well (just gotta warm em up before pushing) guess you get what you pay for, riding style etc, i might just be getting to their/my limits, let you know after 13th at brands :-\

Back