sprocket carrier

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vro551

Reaction score
Guys i have noticed that the sprocket carrier starts to move sideways (about a mm maybe 2) from 2 to 4k revs. I have been having a 'bad throttle' response especially on closed to partially open throttle on all gears. Any one else have had this problem, and whats the cure lol

Guys i have noticed that the sprocket carrier starts to move sideways (about a mm maybe 2) from 2 to 4k revs. I have been having a 'bad throttle' response especially on closed to partially open throttle on all gears. Any one else have had this problem, and whats the cure lol
I had the same so changed cush drives which fixed it for about 5k miles and it started again so replaced again and fixed it. Im waiting for the next 5k miles and its a case of "rinse and repeat"

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have lateral (sideways) movement not circular free play

Did someone not have this and ended up with bearings changed?

- Sent from Mobile

Bearings

The cause of the problem that you describe is most likely the bearings. You will soon know when you inspect them, as they will likely be worn or damaged and will need to be replaced.

Re: Bearings

I changed all the rear bearings at 26000 miles on my 2010 due to slight play disc side at the MOT. the sprocket carrier bearing had been spinning I'm the carrier so the new one has had a good dose of Loctite. I hadn't noticed any play btw

I dont think it the bearings as no humming or rattling. Whats the tightening torque of the wheel nut?

Bearings

They may not always rattle or make any noise so you will need to visually inspect the bearings before you can rule out whether or not they are causing the issue.

tightening the rear wheel nut to the recommended torque cured the problem, noticed that even the chain needs adjusting, is the regina chain made out of spaghetti?

OEM Chain

The OEM chain isn't very good at all but like any chain it has to be regularly maintained. The problem is the OEM chain on the 2015 model is particularly susceptible to rust and does stretch easily if you don't look after it.

Re: OEM Chain

The OEM chain isn't very good at all but like any chain it has to be regularly maintained. The problem is the OEM chain on the 2015 model is particularly susceptible to rust and does stretch easily if you don't look after it.

I?m coming upto 15k on my stock chain and Sprocket .... with HP rims. Got the replacement ones, fitting them next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back