Sky TV Reward Scheme

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Guys just came across this purely by default.

Being totally fed up with my sky HD boxes as they are sloooow to respond I called the call centre yesterday to enquire about upgrading my boxes onto the new Q system which by all accounts looks pretty damn good.

Looking for an upgrade for nothing I was ready for a battle/sob story/empty threat of "I'm leaving you robbing cxnts" when the operative told me to log on to the Sky App and enter into the V.I.P programme to see what I am due, elated at being considered a V.I.P I of course followed his orders with fervour.. (is that the correct word)..

Logged on pressed the relevant buttons to enroll and found myself to be a black member as I've been with them for 18 years... tabbing thru the rewards I have now got myself completely F.O.C the new Sky Q downstairs and a mirror box upstairs in my room at no charge and no monthly increase in what I pay them..to be sure I was reading it correctly I called them back and sure enough it was spot on..

I only need to stay with them an additional 18 months which I would have anyhow... so it's worthwhile checking your allocation chaps see what your due..

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sounds like you got the right Sky Op there Stu, you've probably been updated to double black status after your keen and compliant (!) response :) We've got Sky Q, its pretty good although has a seemingly random habit of deleting recorded programmes unless you 'keep' them, never read any instructions so its probably something explainable but annoyed me when I first got it.

They told me I was vip a while back but nothing about sky q free, I?ve had mine for a year :(. 4 additional boxes, wasnt cheap. I will look into the offer, thanks for the post.

On q itself its fine but has some quirks. Having the boxes all lan hardwired helps with connectivity over their wireless mesh alternative. Also, keeping the boxes as cool as possible positively effects reliability. I have one mini balanced on top of an empty food can (to aid air circulation) in the kids room and it hasn?t hiccupped since I moved it.

I do like q, despite the occasional frustration its much better than sky + imo. Enjoy :).

Last edited:
I saw this and being a vip type[emoji16]looked at the offer. They wanted a 195 quid installation fee, or have I misunderstood it?

ive been offered it free but still have to pay the ?12 a month. how did you get this free?
Probably because of my current package.. I'm a multi room subscriber and pay them ?94.00 a month just for the TV.

They told me I was vip a while back but nothing about sky q free, I?ve had mine for a year :(. 4 additional boxes, wasnt cheap. I will look into the offer, thanks for the post.

On q itself its fine but has some quirks. Having the boxes all lan hardwired helps with connectivity over their wireless mesh alternative. Also, keeping the boxes as cool as possible positively effects reliability. I have one mini balanced on top of an empty food can (to aid air circulation) in the kids room and it hasn?t hiccupped since I moved it.

I do like q, despite the occasional frustration its much better than sky + imo. Enjoy :).
I know they had problems with wireless/BT when they launched it Soof, but I've not spoken to anyone since...last time a sky guy was in here was around 18 mts ago mind you, I guessed perhaps wrongly they had got their act together with connectivity.

Hard wired doesn't appeal to me tbh, I'm in a new build so hopefully any signal drop is minimal, will wait and see.

Good deal I got eh, was astonished, I had my sleeves rolled up ready to "UNLEASH HELL" !... I'll save that for B.T who are next on my crosshairs lol.

Sounds like you got the right Sky Op there Stu, you've probably been updated to double black status after your keen and compliant (!) response :) We've got Sky Q, its pretty good although has a seemingly random habit of deleting recorded programmes unless you 'keep' them, never read any instructions so its probably something explainable but annoyed me when I first got it.
Wonder if thats anything to do with overheating Mac (see Soofs post).. yea mate I'm delighted mind you they've had a pile of money off me over the years...I'll be double black all day long for this kind of reward lol.

S

Quick update... thats the SKY Q fitted two boxes..all bluetooth. It's a serious bit of kit..best part for me..voice operated remote..amazing. cost me not a penny more..

Back