Mods for the S1000rr?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Really want to spend some ?? on my '15 s1k. Is there any mods people recommend? I've done the basics like PCV, Exhaust levers and rearsets. What mods have you guys done that you love?

Cheers

Hi guys,

Really want to spend some ?? on my '15 s1k. Is there any mods people recommend? I've done the basics like PCV, Exhaust levers and rearsets. What mods have you guys done that you love?

Cheers

I'm probably not the best person to advise on S1K upgrades Oli.... but if you don't have forged wheels why not go for some of those - some ex racing OZ bargains to be had as well as a variety of new stuff, or for less dollar get MCT to give your suspension the once over. Alternatively two of the best looking S1K's I've seen are Soofs carbon HP4 and Budgies Tyco rep, why not think about something along similar lines with your own twist?

Defo forged wheels are next on the list. But I really like the look of mine now :D

20170902_163047.jpg

I would invest in a two piece leather suit, some proper sport boots and gloves first and foremost Ben.
Your bike is already a prime example, but I really think you should invest in your kit before upgrading the bike further.

Re the bike, I agree with Mac on taking it to Darren at MCT suspension for a full set up.
I also agree with forged wheels if you?re considering a second set. Depending on budget though, I?d be inclined to look out for carbon wheels from the likes of BST or Dymag as a first choice.

A smaller upgrade you might like to consider is the Secondary Fuel Module for your PCV, as this will allow additional fuel to be added in the lower rev range.
This could yield some real world benefits, though I would suggest checking with your Dyno centre for their opinion first.
You might also like to install the alpha racing SAS block off plates, to reduce the popping and banging on closed throttle.

In my opinion, a prerequisite to further bike mods, would be to ensure you wish to keep the bike for a while longer too?
I only mention this as you were asking about R1?s the other day?

Happy modding Ben [emoji4]

I would invest in a two piece leather suit, some proper sport boots and gloves first and foremost Ben.
Your bike is already a prime example, but I really think you should invest in your kit before upgrading the bike further.

Re the bike, I agree with Mac on taking it to Darren at MCT suspension for a full set up.
I also agree with forged wheels if you’re considering a second set. Depending on budget though, I’d be inclined to look out for carbon wheels from the likes of BST or Dymag as a first choice.

A smaller upgrade you might like to consider is the Secondary Fuel Module for your PCV, as this will allow additional fuel to be added in the lower rev range.
This could yield some real world benefits, though I would suggest checking with your Dyno centre for their opinion first.
You might also like to install the alpha racing SAS block off plates, to reduce the popping and banging on closed throttle.

In my opinion, a prerequisite to further bike mods, would be to ensure you wish to keep the bike for a while longer too?
I only mention this as you were asking about R1’s the other day?

Happy modding Ben [emoji4]

+1 on all of that, particularly the bit on kit, I splashed out on some Held 1 piece leathers earlier this year and what a difference in comfort and lightness v the modestly priced A star suits I'd been wearing for years.

+1 on all of that, particularly the bit on kit, I splashed out on some Held 1 piece leathers earlier this year and what a difference in comfort and lightness v the modestly priced A star suits I'd been wearing for years.

Really glad to hear you?re enjoying the kangaroo suit Mac, makes such a difference having that much less bulk and weight in a suit.
Also makes me think I can postpone my much needed diet lol ...

Yep no need for made to measure with the fit and 'give' of Held kanga leathers although with a recent foreign holiday and Xmas coming up I've got room for improvement on the 'bay window' front too... :)

Not really in the market for a leather suit, Got some Draggin kevlar jeans and getting a new jacket, have gloves and boots but don't like wearing boots as I find it really hard to use the QS : <

I wear draggin jeans and a Furygan jacket when its hot or when we're 'touring', leathers much better though... I've got size 11's and have no problems at all with gear changing on the S1K or any other bike I've ridden so don't understand the QS issue you have?

I'm size 11 too, But my RST boots when I try to use the QS just doesnt seem to work at all. Need to wear them in I think but just have not bothered >.<

Not really in the market for a leather suit, Got some Draggin kevlar jeans and getting a new jacket, have gloves and boots but don't like wearing boots as I find it really hard to use the QS : <

Kevlar jeans are fine for a casual riding/touring as Mac says, but I really think you should get a two piece suit for use on spirited rides.
You?ll need one if you intend to do a track day in future too.

All boots are stiff when new, and there is certainly an adjustment period when coming from ?less focussed? footwear, but once they break in and once you get used to them you?ll almost certainly end up only ever wanting to ride in boots.

To each their own Ben, but I really think should reconsider leathers/boots

Yeah, give it another go, I've used Alpinestars and TCX boots, all fine, and while I've used paddock boots a lot in recent years unless you're pottering about you really need the protection full length armoured boots give you.

I wear draggin jeans and a Furygan jacket when its hot or when we're 'touring'

I wear a Knox Zephyr mesh jacket and some old KTM textile trousers when it?s boiling.

The Knox mesh jacket is great, would highly recommend for anyone in the market for a mesh textile.
The KTM textiles technically aren?t great, but it?s funny how we sometimes end up using a bit of kit for years without ever feeling a need to change [emoji846]

I’ve got a complete set of HP forged lightweight wheels from a Gen3 in mint condition. They would look great on yours.

On the subject of boots and not having enough feel.... Over last winter I bought a pair of forma boots thinking they were casual enough to use on warm days when I had jeans on instead of textiles/leathers. First outing and I hit neutrals and missed up shifts all the time, couldnt feel anything, it was borderline dangerous. Was thinking of taking them back to the shop.... then I went and did the off road course and they give you proper trail rider boots that are up to the knee and rock solid, the forma boots were like slippers by comparison. First half day it was a nightmare trying to find the gear lever let alone trying to change gears. Everyone was having the same problem. Then after a while I got used to them and found the trail boots not too bad. When I got home I had a new found confidence with the experience so went out with my forma boots and all was so much better, now I ride with them just as I do with all my other footwear.

Moral of the story, wear proper boots and get used to them, it will get easier than you are thinking right now. Don?t put it off. If your feet or ankles get screwed badly from an off you may never walk again.

Last edited:
I think since hp4 calipers would go well, but other than that your bike looks great.

Did I meet you at Bedford autodrome when you had blown fork seals?

And less carbon by the looks of things.

Modifications

If you haven't done it already go and get your suspension setup correctly. That or book a trackday and actually use those Pirelli BSB take-offs that you have fitted properly!

Back