Radiators

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RR Jonah

Reaction score
Anyone know if the radiators are all compatible for all models ? My lug/nipple from the top of the radiator to the expansion tank has sheared, any thoughts ? Thanks in advance.

As far as I know Jonah all the radiators are the same since the bike was introduced, if it is the lug that goes into the hose to the expansion bottle I presume it is still captive in the hose?
If so can it not be repaired?

JimmyMac

I'm trying to glue/cement it back onto the housing Jimmy, but I'm not to sure its going to hold !!

I'd check to see If you've got a local company that does refurbs near to you and get them to braze the lug back in place, got to be cheaper than a new rad and better than glue!

Ive used this before Jonah to repair the rear of speedo clocks who's lugs have snapped off. Best to practice on a broken piece of plastic first then do your radiator. Cures in no time. Good luck.

JimmyMac

All 3 Gen have different part no. for the radiator being:

Gen 1: 17117708901
Gen 2: 17118526765
Gen 3: 17118546822

They differ in weight, but the mounting tabs are probably identical, since the plastic shield and grommets have all the same part number for every 3 gens.

Latest posts

Back