Hi everyone, first day at school and all that so here goes........

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, been a long time but ive treated myself to a new S1000RR (not actually collected it until tomorrow) as a divorce present to myself. Bit of a billy no mates in the bike world now so need to get out and about again and meet new people. Have no idea of meeting places in the Leicester area so have homework to do already. Any advice would be a big help please people.

SteveButch

Hi Steve and welcome .
Which model, Colour u gone for ??
I?m Warwickshire and regularly meet up when weather good. I?m also at Mallory Park , up the road from u very often.

Hi Jay
Its a black/silver s1000rr, looks the business and can't wait to get it. Had to use Pidcocks at Long Eaton as no dealer in Leics but only 20 mins up the road. Thanks for the reply, would be great to meet up in future been a while since ive been out n about and lost touch with some great people that used to travel to race meets etc with.

SteveButch

Welcome to the forum Steve and congratulations on your new RR!

You?ve certainly come to the right place, there?s a wonderful community on here as you?re no doubt already discovering [emoji4]

Try and get those run in miles out of the way, so you can get that first service completed ASAP. Will look forward to hearing what your initial impressions are of the bike, especially after that first service! [emoji6]

What sort of riding do you do primarily (commuting, weekend fun, occasional track day etc)?

Enjoy the forum, there?s loads of information on here and if you have any questions about you awesome new steed, just ask.

May you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Well, been a long time but ive treated myself to a new S1000RR (not actually collected it until tomorrow) as a divorce present to myself. Bit of a billy no mates in the bike world now so need to get out and about again and meet new people. Have no idea of meeting places in the Leicester area so have homework to do already. Any advice would be a big help please people.

SteveButch

Welcome Steve, nice bike, I really like the black & silver colour scheme. I get my bike serviced at Pidcocks, good bunch I've had no problems with them at all. Can't help with bike meets around Leicester, but you get quite a few bikes congregating by the park in Melton when the suns out and from there you've got some excellent roads south towards Harborough or East towards Grantham and up into Lincs. Don't bother going up to Matlock Bath as its pretty crap nowadays and Derbyshire plod enjoy setting up spot checks but you should deffo get a lap of the Peak District in.

Welcome along Steve, congrats on upgrading the wife to a bike [emoji6]

- Sent from Mobile

Hi Steve, welcome to the site. You'll no be single long sitting on your new Fanny Magnet.

Enjoy your new bike.

JimmyMac

Cheers Oli

Will no doubt be pickin your brain for a few tips til i get back into things again, what a great site i only joined up yesterday and had a bucket load of replies already. I intend to get out most weekends, i really enjoy the race meets and want to do the Assen Motogp again if i can get joined up with any interested parties.

Catch you soon mate, thanks again

SteveButch

Welcome Steve, nice bike, I really like the black & silver colour scheme. I get my bike serviced at Pidcocks, good bunch I've had no problems with them at all. Can't help with bike meets around Leicester, but you get quite a few bikes congregating by the park in Melton when the suns out and from there you've got some excellent roads south towards Harborough or East towards Grantham and up into Lincs. Don't bother going up to Matlock Bath as its pretty crap nowadays and Derbyshire plod enjoy setting up spot checks but you should deffo get a lap of the Peak District in.

Thanks Mac

Did the Matlock trip a few times in a previous life, Peak District sounds a good day out

SteveButch

Steve,

Welcome... I'm in a similar position at the moment but unfortunately the ex wife pretty much bankrupted me, so a new bike will have to wait for a few years. Hopefully one day.

Enjoy your bike, throw tyres and fuel at it and have fun. J

Welcome Steve,

You picked a great colour scheme. I saw one exactly like that in a dealer in Houston TX which got me salivating and resolved myself to revisit the idea of buying an S1000RR when I got home, I bought one 4 weeks later in Guildford - couldn't wait long enough for the next one in that black/grey so took the Stormtrooper colour that they had in stock.

I have a grown up autistic son who lives in a home near Newark, so I usually pass Leicester on the A46 coming up from down south every couple of months when C-19 isn't here (can't visit his care home until the lockdown has ended and I miss him very much!). There are some terrific biker quality B roads in that area near Newark and just south and over towards Notts.

My other son lives near Bicester, he rides too. Perhaps in a few weeks we could meet up in the Warwickshire / North Oxon vicinity and do some partake on the exercise of making a little noise, send me a PM if you are interested, we could see if we get @Schuey to ride over from the West Midlands too on his 2020 machine?

Your comment about swapping the former Mrs Butch for a woodworm infested skateboard made me spill my cup of decaff tea with laughter!

Regards

Steve
aka MrSmooth

Lol, he joined over 2 years ago. The FS post needs moving...

done

Last edited:
Back