Bridgestone v02

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatkat2k55

Reaction score
Been using the v02?s for a couple of months, very good track tyres,good wear and great grip

What else have you used bud? I’m on sc1/sc2 at mo and don’t like the wear rate

Are they a track tyre or road?
the sc2,s are so expensive too
thinking of just running slicks next

Are they a track tyre or road?
the sc2,s are so expensive too
thinking of just running slicks next
Track slicks for use with warmers.

SC2 isn't a road tyre either they should be used with warmers.

Just because a tyre has a tread block doesn't make it suitable.

- Alex

Pirelli

I?m on sc1/sc2 at mo and don?t like the wear rate

Pirelli race compound SC0/SC1/SC2 tyres are well known for their poor wear rates. It is not uncommon for a Pirelli rear (slick or treaded) to be finished after only a couple of sessions, or ten laps into a race. They can also be somewhat temperamental if you use the wrong compound type for the conditions. For initial outright grip they are superb but in terms of longevity there are better trackday/race tyres out there from the likes of Bridgestone and Dunlop which will last much longer and are far cheaper.

Yea I’m happy with the grip levels and that’s where it ends, I know that with the sc2 there only deem ambient temps above 11’c and I was close to that at Almeria last week, I even missed the 1st sessions due to it.
what to try next???

Tyres

... what to try next???

Tyre choice is a personal one so only you can make that decision. The only problem is that it gets expensive finding the right tyre that suits your riding style and ability.

My ability is poor so I think any half decent track tyre will be ok for me, I like the feel of the sc turn wise, have had sp’s and found them ok for a cross over tyre, tried conti attack’s and hated them. Think I will give the Bridgestones a bash

Worth mentioning that with track tyres you will need to keep up a decent pace to stop the tyres going cold. Crossover tyres are a good option for keeping the heat in. SCs are plenty good enough for most mortals. Just sayin :).

Used V02's for the first time in Jerez. Used part worn scrubs on day 1 (they'd done a single day previously) and a new set for days 2&3. Really liked them, very stable, lots of front end feel and absolutely rock solid from the rear. They are now my go to track tyres, especially for ?280 a set!

b/stones are very good,been using them for the last 3 yrs,last well and give good grip right till the end (worked out at jerez that about 60 laps is it's limit for decent grip on the rear),fronts last well although did have 1 start to delaminate whilst out there this time.dunlop kr front,b/stone rear is a good combo if mixing.wear rate is slighlty less than the kr's but price outways the difference by a good bit.

I found the V02 drive grip was lower than expected. Coming off turn 5 at Portimao (hairpin left, leading to an uphill left kink) the rear under WOT was moving about far more than the D212's.
Could be I didn't have the heat in the tyre needed. I'd like to back to back a set of KR's and V02's if only I was good enough to be consistant :) I went 2seconds quicker in the end on the V02's but that was largely me being 2seconds less s*** than normal.

tbh "squirm" out of corners can be more down to the way you actually power out more than the tyre being the issue.i'm fairly hard on power coming out of the slower turns and once the rear is planted (as in compressed tyre+suspension) it doesn't budge unless i'm tentative on the gas.

I got a very lightly (1 session) used front courtesy of a Mr Hamilton whilst I was there too... The Yamaha team were using V02's when they could...

there was quite a few tyres from the test day left over aswell if you was quick enough to go through them,not keen on pirelli myself so didn't bother :)

Could never get good wear rate out of the sc1/2 rear whatever I did, changed to vo2's and bingo, great wear, great grip to the end and cheaper !! Only downside was they don't like under 10c ish….. (may have been me unsure of pushing at that temp)

Back