Rapidbike, rapid bike evo or remap ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRChris

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

Does anybody have experience with using a Rapidbike module on a HP4 or is it better to be custom remapped, how does the rapidbike function ? Does it just tweak the original map by itself or does it try to give optimum performance like remaps or do you have to have the rapidbike modules programmed. Are there any dyno results to show how effective or how well the HP4 responds to the rapidbike module.

My bike is standard apart from the Akrapovic stubby and airfilter it still has the original HP4 Cat.

Many thanks guys your help is appreciated

HP4 runs a different map from other RR's I believe. So, I'm not sure what gains can be made, without at least a full decat. I would get it dyno'd to decide if the AFR's can be better optimised.
The Rapid Evo/Race need a map 'tuned' like any other fuelling computer. The RapidBike differs from the PCV/Bazzaz because it leaves the O2/Lambda Sensors in line and uses the signals from them. But it's not necessary to have this feature. The HP4 is now out of warranty so you could flash the ECU or get the RCK (Race Calibration Kit) installed. That is probably what I would do. I'd speak to Phil Crowey or HM Racing about an BMW HP RCK tune.

Getting a tune is actually more about the person doing it - find someone you trust and use the parts they recommend and have faith/experience in. It will get you the best results.

The Euro4 '17's can't use anything but the RapidBike due to needing the O2's plugged in (unless going for the warranty invalidating ECU update (RCK).

Race Calibration Kit

... or get the RCK (Race Calibration Kit) installed...

For older models, including the HP4, a separate HP Race ECU has to be purchased to allow the use of a RCK. You can't just activate the RCK within the standard OEM ECU like you can on the 2015+ models. It makes the RCK option for older models extremely expensive when compared to just buying a fuel management module from the likes of RapidBike, Dynojet et al.

Cheers guys thank ypu very much for your help, i will probably go with a re-map from a trusted company then sounds like less of a pain.

Cheers guys thank ypu very much for your help, i will probably go with a re-map from a trusted company then sounds like less of a pain.

I have a Hp4 and had de cated it, i had a ECU remp to ensure it was running the correect AFR, the tuner also made some adjustments, the bike no longer has the flat spot when it switched from one injector to the other as seems common.

Personally, I?d re-map with a fuel module.
This is the ?safest?/easiest option and will still give a significant improvement to the ride.

I agree with what Alex says about using a fuel module that your chosen Dyno centre has experience with.
A DynoJet PCV and Secondary Fuel Module would be a good option on a HP4, the RapidBike Race is also another excellent option and if you contact @alex there is a forum discount available through Performance Parts Ltd.

Whatever you decide on, enjoy [emoji4]

Last edited:
Thanks guys a lot, i went the decat route but with the akrapovic stubby i just found it unbearably noisy on long runs, so put the cat back in, as far as im aware the hp4 cat doesnt sap much power anyway. But i have lost the cables that operate the valve and i do have a slight flat spot below about 8k rpm so this is what im trying to iron out, im not after big power gains just better delivery, im no Rossi but i do realise when something doesnt quite feel the same. i know i could get another set of cables but would rather sort the fuelling out and have her running at best.

Cheers guys

Further to this ... owners went the pcv or bazzaz route as they then added an auto tune to aid the mapping further as the map can not self adjust to suit different parameters like moisture content in the air, heat, sea level etc and this is when the auto tune would alter the map to suit, however the Rapidbike has this already called the auto adaptivity feature meaning it continuously adapts the map to suit. Works out cheaper.
I still say ur best option is an Ecu remap unless u go abroad in which case u need an auto tune feature to cope with environment changes

Excellent thank you very much for the info

Chris

Back