2015 S1000rr Lights

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My 2015 lights are rubbish. Honestly cannot see anything once it's dark unless I turn full beam on. Just wondering if there is a setting somewhwere I just adjust low beam?

Thanksl

Felix, Get yourself a HID conversion, turns night into day.

Not too expensive and simple to fit, also helps other road users see you.

JimmyMac

Where can I get these? I like the ones I saw on google images where the lights are like halos

Watching this thread.. interested in the options as my journey home from cleethorpes today down the a46 in the pitch black was crap. Better illumination required.

To those of you in Englandshire, here is a link to a guy called Les Wassells, he gets great reviews from Adventure bike riders. Lots of GS riders have used him and very happy with service.

http://www.hid50.com

JimmyMac

hids all the way. i commute on my s1krr so need good lights for the darker mornings and darker nights. hids are the first thing i do on any bikes. easy to do, hardest bit is finding a place for the ballasts

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

To those of you in Englandshire, here is a link to a guy called Les Wassells, he gets great reviews from Adventure bike riders. Lots of GS riders have used him and very happy with service. http://www.hid50.com JimmyMac

Morning Gents. I Had a very useful reply from Les which I thought I'd share:

Most popular set up is 35 dip dip beam and a fast bright 50 watt on high beam, ceramic core bulbs which are quartz glass, uv protected, with the ceramic they run cooler and no lens damage
Fast bright ballast are ideal on high beam as they have a 0.01 fire time.
35 watt h7R anti dazzle bulb and canbus ballast ?70
50 watt fast bright high beam ?115
Twin canbus T10 led side light bulb ?10 each
Postage ?6
You can go 35 watt fast bright (?85) which work very well if you prefer, 35 watt in the size of the light work well and control beam pattern, most customers just want the most light in the high beam so opt for the 50 watt, it does send more light out but less control of pattern.
Bulb color 4300, 5 or 6K
Payment to Paypal [email protected]
Full postal address required, new stock is due in next week.
Regards
Les

Great info. Thanks for getting it - do you want to ask him if they would do a discount for a group buy? 35w/50w combo

I'd be up for that with 2 proviso's .. 1) it doesnt affect the warranty, and 2) I could take the bike to him (or maybe Stephen if he wanted some beer-tokens for fitting?) for fitting - unless of course a pissed up monkey with 12 thumbs could do it .. in which case i'd need to find a pissed up digitally challenged monkey close by.

I'd be up for that with 2 proviso's .. 1) it doesnt affect the warranty, and 2) I could take the bike to him (or maybe Stephen if he wanted some beer-tokens for fitting?) for fitting - unless of course a pissed up monkey with 12 thumbs could do it .. in which case i'd need to find a pissed up digitally challenged monkey close by.

It's very easy to do. And nope can't affect warranty (takes 10seconds to revert to standard lights).

Then count me in for the GB - with sidelights (may as well go the whole hog) - once I know & am happy with the actual pound/shilling/pence value, i'll commit.

+1

i would be in for this as it is very day by the time i get out of the office.....

I currently have just changed the bulb... they seem brighter, but when on an unlit road, cannot really see past 20 metres.... :-(

I place the ballasts on the nose plastic using velcro. I have a 55w system for low beam but haven?t fitted it to the ?17.

- Sent from Mobile

Back