18000 miles big service.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyMac

Reaction score
Just had my 18000 mile service done at John Clarks in Dundee, which includes valves and forks.

I though it was running brilliantly before I took it up but admittedly I haven't been out on it much this year so might have been looking through rose tints.

Picked it up this afternoon and WOW what a transformation, the steering, brakes and turning in all feel so much sharper, obviously the forks are performing much better and has really made the bike a more balanced machine.
Anyone else had this done and felt a big difference?

Price was incredible too and have even managed to negotiate a great deal for Stuart as his is due soon.

Well done John Clark (who I haven't been slow to criticise before) a cracking job.

JimmyMac

Glad to hear you?ve had a great service experience Jimmy [emoji4]

I?ve had a couple of the big services done and on both occasions it?s made a significant difference, actually takes me a while to get used to the handling again lol!

Last edited:
Good to hear they can do a good job,both times bike been serviced they?ve messed up fitting of fairings so much so last service was free and still waiting on damaged fairing being replaced. At this rate I will not be buying a new bike from them or trusting them with another service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear they can do a good job,both times bike been serviced they’ve messed up fitting of fairings so much so last service was free and still waiting on damaged fairing being replaced. At this rate I will not be buying a new bike from them or trusting them with another service.

Aye Ross, I've had a few issues into past but hey ho life is too short to bear grudges. My panels are all held on with red anodised probolt fasteners with allen heads, I had a look around the bike when I was collecting it and it was all perfect.
They left a big score in my rear wheel rim a couple of years back when my bike was red, they offered to have it resprayed but I repaired it with metallic nail varnish and no one ever noticed.

Hope you get resolved with your panel.

JimmyMac

Aye Ross, I've had a few issues into past but hey ho life is too short to bear grudges. My panels are all held on with red anodised probolt fasteners with allen heads, I had a look around the bike when I was collecting it and it was all perfect.
They left a big score in my rear wheel rim a couple of years back when my bike was red, they offered to have it resprayed but I repaired it with metallic nail varnish and no one ever noticed.

Hope you get resolved with your panel.

JimmyMac

A few observations here Jim ,
1st, your bike was NEVER red , pink hue more like
2nd , was the nail varnish yours or Irene's !

Haha, been a long day at work today Wayne, never takes long for a witty reply when I've had my weetabix, lol.

Right Mr Duncan Poirot, you got me bang to rights, what gave it away, it's not like I have my name written on the evidence.

cff44ecfe26e6ba5037ab0a7355c53ed.jpg

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Haha, been a long day at work today Wayne, never takes long for a witty reply when I've had my weetabix, lol.

Right Mr Duncan Poirot, you got me bang to rights, what gave it away, it's not like I have my name written on the evidence.

cff44ecfe26e6ba5037ab0a7355c53ed.jpg

JimmyMac

]:congratulatory:

Back