Gen3 OE pillion footrest blanking solution

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alol

Reaction score
Hi,

Went to order some of these for my '16 bike yesterday, Thinking they would be the Black torx ones. The supplying dealer has received a silver allen type bolt. Anyone know if these have changed to these .i.e. post up a pic of a 17 bike with no pillion option or where i may be able to obtain something similar. Do not want blanking plate (R & G, Evotech )

Thanks

I had a look at 2017 bikes last week to check just this and they had silver torx bolts where the foorpeg would be

I just took the things off and left them open without any bolts lol.

I only really want the black flat machined bolts. Think leaving nothing in there looks unsightly imho. Looks like BMW must have superseded them this year with the silver ones. Can anyone post a pic on here on a MY17 bike without pillion kit so i can have a look. The dealer has them in so i just need to say yes or no.

Thanks

8a16844c738f8272c3be73cbe9c74a1a.png

There you go my 67 plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I purchased my rear seat cover for my '15 it came complete with 4 flat black alloy blanking screws. Fitted great and looked like a factory fit, which I suppose they were.
I did hear that they could be purchase separately from BMW but were a little expensive for what they were.

Subframe Screws

My S1000RR arrived with them fitted as standard as I didn't bother with the optional Pillion Package.

Just had a thought about these blanking screws.
Try visiting a nut and bolt stockists. We have a stockists here in Hull called BAP. They stock all sorts of bolts etc and they stock black flat headed screws/bolts. It may be worth a try if you can't get what you're after.

Just had a thought about these blanking screws.
Try visiting a nut and bolt stockists. We have a stockists here in Hull called BAP. They stock all sorts of bolts etc and they stock black flat headed screws/bolts. It may be worth a try if you can't get what you're after.

May well end up doing that. As i said will post pic up of what i am after.

Those silver ones on the 17 don?t blend in at all unlike my 16. What about using Probolt,you?d get black stainless or alloy bolts to fill the holes.

Those silver ones on the 17 don’t blend in at all unlike my 16. What about using Probolt,you’d get black stainless or alloy bolts to fill the holes.

I have approached Pro Bolt and sent them pics of what i am after and they are not very good customer service tbh

When I purchased my rear seat cover for my '15 it came complete with 4 flat black alloy blanking screws. Fitted great and looked like a factory fit, which I suppose they were.
I did hear that they could be purchase separately from BMW but were a little expensive for what they were.

I happened to be in a different BMW dealers yesterday and indeed they can still be acquired. You were correct about the cost...?15 each.......

Back