limited bikes limited spares?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy

Reaction score
Hi as the hp4 is a limited edition how long will they keep the spare parts running for this bike, the Japanese use to run their spare parts for 10 yrs , but that was then. In the current market will BMW do so,just a thought.

HP4 Spares

The HP4 shares virtually all the same parts as a standard S1000RR so getting hold of spares should never really be an issue.

Industry standard for cars seems to be 10 years +, but I'm talking major components. Subframe and suspension for sure (guess what I do for a living). There are some parts we still make for cars that should have been in the bin many years ago (think first shape Nissan Primera). In my experience it's all down to demand, if they see money in it, they'll carry on support. Not really an answer I know, but my 2 Penneth worth

As Ryan says the bike is 98% the same as others in the range...should be ok for a while.

Buy a 2nd as an insurance policy :D

- Sent from Mobile

that may as well be but the hp4 is a limited edition the brake and clutch levers the fairing and rear sets also the wheels are different the carbon bellypan and all carbon bits are nor standard s1000rr items like I said these are limited editions

HP4 Spares

I really wouldn't worry as all those parts are available in the accessory brochure for the S1000RR. Whilst it's a fantastic bike and classed as a 'limited edition' its really not in the same class as say a 'limited edition' Ducati 1299 Superleggera where you would probably struggle to find parts in a few years time. Personally I would just ride it and enjoy it knowing that parts will be readily available should you have any issues in the future.

that may as well be but the hp4 is a limited edition the brake and clutch levers the fairing and rear sets also the wheels are different the carbon bellypan and all carbon bits are nor standard s1000rr items like I said these are limited editions
Hi Tommy, how's it going?
As the lads have already said, Im sure you will be fine.
If it bothers you that much I'll swap for my Gen3 where spares are easily available. I know because I keep having to buy them.

Hi Paul everything is good, hope you and yours are ok, thanks everyone for your comments. Tommy

as above,the parts that are different on the HP4 are only upgrades for the s1k,not 1 off HP4 specific upgrades so spares are no issue

Back