Wiring a Nav 5 cradle into 2016 S1000RR loom

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bertie

Reaction score
Hi all, probably someone has already posted on here how to do this but I just came across this really nice Youtube of how to wire a Nav5 cradle into the loom of an S1RR. Definitely going to do this. Looks super neat! I can't take credit for the video but thought others might be interested
https://youtu.be/m-KetTFEdPY

Yep, mine is a 2017 and I got the grain cradle modified by Stephen and it worked a treat!

Hahaha, thats spell checkers for you!! I meant a Garmin cradle. They fit BMW SatNavs but are smaller and neater tha a Nav 5 cradle so work better on an S1RR. Having it wired to the accessory socket behind teh fairing means that the power is switched by the ignition and its lovely and neat.

Thanks Bertie,
grain cradle ? modified ?
Sorry don't know what grain cradle is.

Thanks Bertie,
Where did you get your cradle ? has it a part number ? The one on the video is not the one you use ?

Dave

So I would need the repair wire ( With the yellow connector ) for the Zumo cradle ?? I am sure I have seen this on the forum somewhere.
It is a neater cradle to be sure.

So I would need the repair wire ( With the yellow connector ) for the Zumo cradle ?? I am sure I have seen this on the forum somewhere.
It is a neater cradle to be sure.

I am not the right person on this bit, my electrical knowledge is pants.

I used to have a Garmin 550 and bought a spare cradle for it as I had two bikes. The 550 cradle fits a BMW Nav 5 but is slim and doesn't have the extra buttons on the side like the BMW mount so I got the old Garmin one converted for my S1RR

I had a google and I can't find a Zumo 550 cradle anywhere to link to for you but as Soofsayer has confirmed a Zumo 660 cradle will work with a Nav 5 then go with that.

Thanks Bertie,
Where did you get your cradle ? has it a part number ? The one on the video is not the one you use ?

Dave

I ordered a Nav 5 cradle from Bohler, which I will cut near the cradle and attach a waterproof snap connector so as I can remove cradle leaving cable attached.

Can anyone advise if I retrofit a Nav VI onto my 17'' RR using the bmw cradle and plug it in under the side fairing whether or not it displays speed/oil temps etc the same as it does say when installed onto the S1000XR...and also whether it would sync with the Garmin Tyre pressure bluetooth valve caps?

Hiya, no I am pretty sure it won't as its just a switched live not the full Canbus thing. No idea re the Garmin valve caps which sound like a cool idea!

As I said earlier in the thread I used an old Garmin mount with a Nav5 as they are a bit neater (no buttons on the side) which is why said "pretty sure"

Can anyone advise if I retrofit a Nav VI onto my 17'' RR using the bmw cradle and plug it in under the side fairing whether or not it displays speed/oil temps etc the same as it does say when installed onto the S1000XR...and also whether it would sync with the Garmin Tyre pressure bluetooth valve caps?

Attachments

• yOhj6yJxTQehoCSzpXbEmA.jpg
    yOhj6yJxTQehoCSzpXbEmA.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 44

Latest posts

Back