Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wiring a Nav 5 cradle into 2016 S1000RR loom

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER moogerdoo's Avatar
    Riding
    S1000RR 2017 Grey

Re: Wiring a Nav 5 cradle into 2016 S1000RR loom

I ordered a Nav 5 cradle from Bohler, which I will cut near the cradle and attach a waterproof snap connector so as I can remove cradle leaving cable attached.

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Johnaldinho's Avatar

Can anyone advise if I retrofit a Nav VI onto my 17'' RR using the bmw cradle and plug it in under the side fairing whether or not it displays speed/oil temps etc the same as it does say when installed onto the S1000XR...and also whether it would sync with the Garmin Tyre pressure bluetooth valve caps?

Riding
    2017 red RR

Hiya, no I am pretty sure it won't as its just a switched live not the full Canbus thing. No idea re the Garmin valve caps which sound like a cool idea!

As I said earlier in the thread I used an old Garmin mount with a Nav5 as they are a bit neater (no buttons on the side) which is why said "pretty sure"

Quote Originally Posted by Johnaldinho View Post
    Can anyone advise if I retrofit a Nav VI onto my 17'' RR using the bmw cradle and plug it in under the side fairing whether or not it displays speed/oil temps etc the same as it does say when installed onto the S1000XR...and also whether it would sync with the Garmin Tyre pressure bluetooth valve caps?
    Attached Images Attached Images