RapidBike Race - Mapped by HM Racing

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to say I admire all you track riders who are tuning and fettling with your bikes to this level. The technical knowledge and curiosity that you all have is the reason this forum is one of the best anywhere.

My own thoughts before a ride is "Do my boots match my gloves?"

I am genuinely impressed and see that you are all getting so much out of the S1000rr experience.

Ride safe.

JimmyMac

What do you mean about the trumpet length change? What is this trumpet, sorry if its a stupid question. lol

The drop a 11,250 to 11,750 i notice in all 2017 dynos... :(

Hello,

As per the comment in the YouTube Vid. I believe the Inlet Trumpets/Velocity Stacks are variable with the S1000RR, but you can't control them without an ECU remap. As the Rapid bike has no control over them where they change from long (torque) to short (peak power) they cause wobble in the power delivery. You can't feel it on the road, not worth worrying about.

It seems that this is a consistent 2017 issue. And annoys me a little.
In a hard pace, I can feel the lose power near 12K rpm. However, the bike still covered by warranty, so ecu flashing is not an option...

Next week I will run at dyno trying to see if we can improve it a little bit

As pointed here at 03:10min
https://youtu.be/hHTblV5rSXc

What do you mean about the trumpet length change? What is this trumpet, sorry if its a stupid question. lol

The drop a 11,250 to 11,750 i notice in all 2017 dynos... :(

Hi, even the 15/16's have that dip. Mine's putting out good power but to be honest it's the area under the curve that's the most important for easy of rideabilty. You can gain quite a bit of power by simply putting on a harder rear tyre instead of a sticky race tyre. It's just tool for comparing changes. Always use the same dyno and make sure they haven't changed anything themselves between runs. I was mid tuning on my Suzuki when the power dropped between tuning mods. I didn't understand why... Turned out they'd changed their roller on the dyno and they're output figures had dropped because of it.

Back