Result of Motorcycle Dyno & ECU flash

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was my 2010 s1000rr when I took it to Chris Walker Kawasaki earlier in the year. Did a couple of runs then got this print out from the last one. The one before this one showed 185bhp which I was pretty happy with. I had done the normal things ie. De cat, stubby akra and sprint air filter. Two other lads I was with also did runs 2016 zx10r which was 186bhp and a 2014 zx10r Tom Sykes rep 187bhp. I no longer have the 2010 as I got a 2015 s1000rr in June.
imagepng

Dyno

Dyno results can be easily manipulated and there are plenty of tricks of the trade that some of the more unscrupulous Dyno operators use to exaggerate results. Always use a Dyno Centre that comes with positive reviews and preferably one that actually has a good level of race and tuning experience.

Re: Dyno

Dyno results can be easily manipulated and there are plenty of tricks of the trade that some of the more unscrupulous Dyno operators use to exaggerate results. Always use a Dyno Centre that comes with positive reviews and preferably one that actually has a good level of race and tuning experience.

Would you advise to also use another Dyno centre for a power run to ensure a fair accurate comparison?
My before run above reaches a peak of 190; I had another dyno run (months before) which was at 189 peak wit hthe same curve.

Despite a mixed opinion of Hilltop & ECU remapping the day after my visit one of M Dunlop's TT bikes was in to his workshop. In addition seems many of the Owners on the FB group have taken bikes to Hilltop.
Id just like to know how common the above smoke and mirrors is in this area of tuning.

Dyno Tuning

In no particular order here are a few tuners that all have significant race experience and having used a few of them over the years I would certainly recommend them.

Hawk Racing
Phil Crowe Racing
HM Racing
Track Electronics
Seton Tuning
Seastar Superbikes
More Moto
JHS Racing
Padgetts
BSD Performance
PDQ
Shaun Muir Racing
Crescent Racing

Dyno Tuning

Id just like to know how common the above smoke and mirrors is in this area of tuning.

Unfortunately it's fairly common as there are far too many people out there who are obsessed with bhp figures.

Re: Dyno Tuning

Iv a very good one about a hour away here who does the road racing bikes. He's straight as.

My 03 gsxr6 made 109.98 and I asked would he further tune it. His response was don't bother unless I really really want to because there was very little he could do with it.

Re: Dyno

Would you advise to also use another Dyno centre for a power run to ensure a fair accurate comparison?
My before run above reaches a peak of 190; I had another dyno run (months before) which was at 189 peak wit hthe same curve.

Despite a mixed opinion of Hilltop & ECU remapping the day after my visit one of M Dunlop's TT bikes was in to his workshop. In addition seems many of the Owners on the FB group have taken bikes to Hilltop.

Hawk racing are based just a stones throw away from Hilltop so it may well be they use the dyno facility

no alex i dont have a secondary model, the tuner did say they are a bitch to map below 5k without it. its a 14 plate so a gen 2

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I had PCV and Custom map done yesterday at HM Racing and achieved 205bhp well chuffed, Went on at 193bhp.
Full power run hit 210bhp.....:courage:
2015 done 8,500 miles with Full Arrow System and K&N filter..... I have to say the guys at HM Racing are tops guys, And Tony that did his wonders with my bike knows his stuff and gave me some great advice!! Will be going back soon for Suspension set up next.
Not sure how to upload photo as could show graph

i've had the flash for around 2k miles now... other than the performance increase & rideability. The range has.... INCREASED! Weird but on the same daily commute i'm seeing 160/170 miles a tank... of pretty ham fisted riding. Used to be 150.

no other downsides reported after the flash.

Dark riding hours are almost here. I'm heading for some aftermarket fork-clamped uber bright LED lights i think.

Just to revive an old thread ive noticed my 2015 has a flat spot in the midrange when i ride it.
Does anyone know whats causing it?

The EU.

For emmisions.

- Alex

Whats the actual cause though and whats the best way to fix it? I have the akrapovic with the butterfly in the link pipe so is it that thats making it happen?

Whats the actual cause though and whats the best way to fix it? I have the akrapovic with the butterfly in the link pipe so is it that thats making it happen?
It is mapped to run very lean through that section of the map.

- Alex

Back