Best rubber

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What caused that?

Strap broke and tail bag disappeared into the hugger, FFS.
Was really cracking along too. Couldn't work out WTF was happening at first, applied the front brake but the back started coming round which got really scary, so just had to see it through.
It was a very 'weavy' experience, I must say. Thank feck I wasn't doing something stoopid like lane splitting at the time, would've been toast.
Took me 10 minutes to extract the tail bag and it's contents from the gap between the tyre and the by then fucked hugger.
Luckily I had spare straps in my tankbag. Gaffered the bag, strapped it back on and tootled home.
Oops.

What's the odds of that happening?
At least your still here to tell the tale......maybe not a power slide but you may have just invented the "luggage slide". :friendly_wink::friendly_wink::friendly_wink::friendly_wink::friendly_wink::friendly_wink:

Glad you?re alright after that close call Huge!

BvG had a similar experience on his Vonda, where the Ohlins remote preload adjuster broke off the subframe and got stuck between the wheel and the swing arm!

Back