Best rubber

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The convertible megane lol in the first picture?.

Good to read you had a good blast and came across that Jimmy fella, he gets around lol.

Lovely pics Stu, thanks for posting, a good distraction from those chicken strips :).

Cheers lads.. yes the Megane..I looked at that and thought WHY !..

Soof one day...one day..ill show you !..

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just replaced my 4 month old M7 rear with another after picking up a 3 inch blade on way to work, talk about rapid deflation......great tyre though.

Damn it, six week old tyre and picked up another bloody nail. I'm gonna get shares in Metzeler I think.

The Macs bike... and lots of car pics
905324850289c71c7017019e18cbd7aa.jpg

Hey Stuart didn't realise you took a picture of my bike, saw you admiring my twin spot LEDs off a JCB for those dark Kazakhstan nights.

Yes Soof ridden a bike through all those countries, my other panniers are covered too. Only ever put a sticker on if I've ridden it, Stuart still hasn't worked out what the one is above my Rossi Dogs.
Any guesses?

JimmyMac

Aye cracking lights them Jimmy...you'll need them for sure. Make sure you avoid the AK47s at the checkpoints lol

Is that the gay pride flag Jimmy?

Close Soof and Oli but no prize.

The gay pride flag has 6 coloured stripes and this one has seven.

It is actually the flag of Cuzco in Peru, the ancient capital, the colours represent all the local Inca tribes and nations that were all one people before the Spanish arrived and "Civilised" them. There was at one time no borders between Bolivia, Peru and Chile just one Inca nation.
The people of modern day Cuzco are very unhappy with the amount of gay American stag weekends that are now arriving thinking it is the home of their flag!!!!!!!!!!!
They are a very religious country and most people are strict Catholics who are very rigid in their views.
I once got asked what it was and I asked the guy to guess what it was and the only clue was I had ridden through it, he said "Eh..................Brighton"

JimmyMac

This ones for you Jay, Deffo not work safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMHhy-mGndI

JimmyMac

That?s the second time I?ve watched that episode now, and it?s cracked me up all over again lol [emoji23]

Very interesting, and enjoyable post about the flag too Jimmy! The Brighton comment at the end was brilliant lol [emoji23]

Have a great week,

Oli

Close Soof and Oli but no prize.

The gay pride flag has 6 coloured stripes and this one has seven.

It is actually the flag of Cuzco in Peru, the ancient capital, the colours represent all the local Inca tribes and nations that were all one people before the Spanish arrived and "Civilised" them. There was at one time no borders between Bolivia, Peru and Chile just one Inca nation.
The people of modern day Cuzco are very unhappy with the amount of gay American stag weekends that are now arriving thinking it is the home of their flag!!!!!!!!!!!
They are a very religious country and most people are strict Catholics who are very rigid in their views.
I once got asked what it was and I asked the guy to guess what it was and the only clue was I had ridden through it, he said "Eh..................Brighton"

JimmyMac
Hes a liar... its gay pride

Damn it, six week old tyre and picked up another bloody nail. I'm gonna get shares in Metzeler I think.

Hi Perb. In your first post you mentioned 'rapid deflation'. Out of interest, what happened to the bike's handling?
Reason for asking is I had a very serious tyre incident over the summer (I'll post it up in a mo if I can find the pics) which resulted in my rear appearing to be one or two mm away from said rapid deflation.
I tootled home on the back roads and slowly without further incident as I was miles from anywhere (including rescue).
I spent the elongated ride trying to work out what would happen. I figured worst case = locking out the rear wheel if the tyre disintegrated, but more likely just having the rear swing about a bit and probably fecking up the rim.
When you see the pic, you'll see why I was no longer scared of a rear lock out as I'd already had one at 120mph (on an autobahn of course officer).
H

Hi mate, I'd just gone round a mini roundabout (at a pace) and as I straightened up the steering went really stiff on me, just as I was thinking what the hell the rear started wobbling so I pulled over to take a look and all seemed well ( 9:30pm so not very good light). So I gets back on and straight away knew something wasn't right and then saw tyre was flat as a pancake. After getting the missus to bring my van out back in the light of my garage I found a bloody great big clout nail hanging out of it resulting in a 1 inch gash in tyre.
This latest puncture was the result of a small nail so I too managed to limp home and have plugged it for now, it seems every time I go out I get a puncture - 3rd one this year, it's not as if I ride in the gutter either and I can't keep paying out for new rubber.

Hi mate, I'd just gone round a mini roundabout (at a pace) and as I straightened up the steering went really stiff on me, just as I was thinking what the hell the rear started wobbling so I pulled over to take a look and all seemed well ( 9:30pm so not very good light). So I gets back on and straight away knew something wasn't right and then saw tyre was flat as a pancake. After getting the missus to bring my van out back in the light of my garage I found a bloody great big clout nail hanging out of it resulting in a 1 inch gash in tyre.
This latest puncture was the result of a small nail so I too managed to limp home and have plugged it for now, it seems every time I go out I get a puncture - 3rd one this year, it's not as if I ride in the gutter either and I can't keep paying out for new rubber.

I used to get a lot of punctures and put it down to riding near the centre of the road when filtering. I still do, but try to avoid the dirty bits which is where I figure the nails and shit end up along with the gravel etc. Am averaging one puncture every 5K miles.

Ha, I'm averaging one every 500 miles!
I try and ride 2/3rds out in a cars o/s tyre path if that makes sense. Now I'm nail paranoid, before this year I'd gone 6 years without one.

Back