Best rubber

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garymv

Reaction score
Hi All

Im due a new set of tyres and the racetec' currently on seem to be squaring off due to motorway commuting.

Any other recommendations?

cheers

Gary

Commuting mainly?
The Pirelli Rosso 3's are getting a lot of appreciation at the moment.
But there are a lot of choices if you step back from Hypersport (which Racetec RR's fall into).
M7RR's - positive feedback
Conti Sport Attack 3's - positive feedback
Michelin Power RS - superb on road, susceptible to tearing on tracks like Snetterton.
Dunlop Sportsmart 2 - positive feedback
Bridgestone S21's - mixed feedback

I commute on m8ne and the m7rr are fairing very well. Tbf the dunlop sportsmarts lasted well also

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I don't commute but M7's are superb. These are my first after 5/6 years of Pirelli's and for me the M7's are far better.

Just replaced my 4 month old M7 rear with another after picking up a 3 inch blade on way to work, talk about rapid deflation......great tyre though.

Just replaced my 4 month old M7 rear with another after picking up a 3 inch blade on way to work, talk about rapid deflation......great tyre though.

:( Not a happy day. I got a puncture on my way to trade in my CB1R for the '12 RR...I had to pay for 2 tyres.

:( Not a happy day. I got a puncture on my way to trade in my CB1R for the '12 RR...I had to pay for 2 tyres.
First ride after my hols and I pick up this 3 miles in......=?160....
826ef1b1b894fdc89f73101b1e53736d.jpg
a653fccbffa0b1b9d30e9d9cd9c76ec7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Afternoon gents.
Scrubbing in my Rosso III's recently and had a couple of 'moments' with the front. Felt a tiny step like it was starting to lose the front. Not much of a lol on public roads. Tyres are now 120 miles old.
Wasn't pushing too hard, roads were dry. Still got 1 inch chicken strips on each side which correlates to about 36 degrees lean, so no bad-ass action yet.
Really must get those strips off soon, what'll the ladies think? Any thoughts?

I recently had rosso3s on my bike and haven't had any moments. Did a trackday with them and no issues with pushing hard into corners. Could have just been something on the road surface that gave you that moment. I know where you are coming from, any knock of confidence with the tyres takes a while to build back up. Needless to say I don't think it's the tyre at fault.

Tyres

The whole notion of 'chicken strips' is complete nonsense. Just enjoy riding the bike and getting used to the feel of the Pirelli tyres.

I recently had rosso3s on my bike and haven't had any moments. Did a trackday with them and no issues with pushing hard into corners. Could have just been something on the road surface that gave you that moment. I know where you are coming from, any knock of confidence with the tyres takes a while to build back up. Needless to say I don't think it's the tyre at fault.

How did you find the Rossos v M7RR's Soof?

Just changed from m7rr to Rossi 3 , only done a couple hundred mile, but have to say preferred the m7 , the Rossi seem to fall off more in corners if you know what I mean, and tho I know chicken strips is nonsense, I can't get rid of the last 10 mm on the Rossi, on 200 mm rear

How did you find the Rossos v M7RR's Soof?

Its a bit like asking if I'd prefer Margot Robbie or Charlize Theron lol. Both!

Theres not really much in it between the tyres. The only notable difference I found was that the rosso3s did not suffer any drop off in performance on the trackday whereas the M7RRs consistently started to move about after a few hot laps. I havent had the chance to really go at the rosso3s on the road but the miles I have done on them have been drama free. Either are very good but I'm leaning towards the rosso3s if I have to choose.

Back