Small number plates..

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravifuel

Reaction score
What size number plate have you gone for?
The standard size is way too big for my d3 tailtidy.

i have standard can't be bothered with the hassle bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

I have the legal size as I just think it attracts less unwanted attention from the local constabulary.
There's also the added benefit of more spray protection when it rains (yea that might be a bit of stretch lol!) ;)

Oli

7x5 plate. Thinking about going for a 8x2 and sticking on the ECU box with velcro

Only time I got any bother was on a roadside check 5 years ago when I had a 6x4 and they asked for it a wee bit bigger. Since then 7x5 and never had any problems.

It?s a load of sh*t coz enduro Bikes can have a 75x75 mm sticker on the mud flap behind the seat facing the sky and were the ones who get fined

I used to have a full size on my KTM 400 EXC too, I must have been the only guy in the UK with a full size plate on an Enduro bike lol [emoji12]

Last edited:
well i was thinking about swapping it from 2010 s1000rr to my new 2015 s1000rr which i pick up on saturday, but not too sure if it will fit on the newer model..

Ive got a 7x5 and Ive never had any problems! I had what quite possibly could have been a 4x2 on my GSXR when I was 21 (and an idiot) and still never got pulled with that either!! And I took that bike from Glasgow to London a few times too!

Ive had a couple of small plates over the years 7 x 5 etc, I used to think it was important for the bike to look 'cool'...

I got fined n got myself thinking that if I get pulled for speeding and I have a small plate I will get nicked, with a legal plate I might get let off with a warning.

Last edited:
Im after a new one for my bike 7*5 again but cannot remember where I got the last one from and it has a black back to it, anyone know who does these?

Small Number Plates

There are loads of Sellers on eBay who do all sorts of number plate sizes.

Back