Rear hugger cut out

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Something I've been meaning to do for a long time.... The hugger with the hole allows gravel etc to come through and pepper the top of the swing arm.
Went to Halfords, bought a small piece of fine mesh, so thin you can cut it with scissors and mould to any shape.
Cut to size, can be approximate as the surplus wont show underneath.
Clean underside of hugger, I used wd40 then brake cleaner.
Using a hot glue gun, tack in place then run a bead around the edge.
30 mins if you stop for a coffee and fag break lol

Pics to follow...DSC_2700.jpgweekDSC_2697.jpgDSC_2696.jpg

Last edited:
I did pretty much the same to mine. I got insulators at work to rivet a piece of stainless mesh into the cut-out. I put electricians tape on the underside so nothing comes through. Cost me ?15 for an additional hugger ( as I didn't really know how it was gonna turn out ) and a bag of sweets for the guy doing it .

Hey guys. I?m wondering why the rear hugger with an hole is for ABS models (Ilmberger Carbon) and the one without an hole is for non-ABS models. Is the hole necessary for ABS models (gettin a ?17 in a few weeks)?

Hey guys. I?m wondering why the rear hugger with an hole is for ABS models (Ilmberger Carbon) and the one without an hole is for non-ABS models. Is the hole necessary for ABS models (gettin a ?17 in a few weeks)?

The ABS unit sticks out under the seat/undertray area. The hugger cut-out is so that under very high compression of suspension the ABS unit would fit in the hole and not hit the hugger.

Most people (me included) seem to have the non-ABS hugger as it looks & functions better. I have no problems with it and have yet to hear of anyone who has had.

Thank you for the quick replies! I?ll stick to the non-hole version. I think I?ll start to add further mods and carbon parts in february

Latest posts

Back