Warming up tyres...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tyre Warming

+1. Weaving is complete nonsense for warming tyres!

+2 on the weaving about BUT i still do it some mornings on the road. its just habbit and gives me a feel for her. I think its the excitement of getting out on the bike. :) defo not for warming anything though. :)

Yeah all that. Braking and acceleration for heat energy/friction. Weaving to get a feel/scrub.

- Sent from Mobile

Weaving just tells the others with me we are about to get going.[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do it too but its not about heat its more about getting the feeling of the bike tip, especially if ive not been out for a while. Helps me tune in

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

When I see someone weaving I just think their a wanker! Plain and simple!

thats a few of us here then. cheers.

Well just stop it, there is no need or any purpose for doing it apart from thinking you are or look cool, if you want to warm your tyres or clean? or scrub them in just get on ur bike and ride it, simple

I go riding with a group of lads on and off track and the only one that weaves has a boyfriend, he has admitted the only reason why he does it is to wave his ass at us and that is the only reason for it!
(he actually said that)

I
Can u not see the advantage of getting the tyres flexing and gaining heat ASAP then or do u have a method of ?just riding? to do this ... I love to learn so excuse the dumb ass question , it?s almost as dumb as saying I look cool weaving down the grid as my ass is jumping about more than a trampolinist as the nerves are rattling at the thought of my rear end sticking to that tarmac on take off ... or not. The first corner denotes a race, no stick , no chance

I think I may have been a bit harsh saying weavers are wankers and I apologise, I should have kept my harsh opinion to myself but regarding an advantage of flexing the tyres to gain heat, no I don?t agree, all you are doing is putting more forces on a colder part of the tyre under higher angles, now of course I could be talking to one of the best riders on a bike who could win the bsb but I highly doubt it

I

I think I may have been a bit harsh saying weavers are wankers and I apologise, I should have kept my harsh opinion to myself but regarding an advantage of flexing the tyres to gain heat, no I don’t agree, all you are doing is putting more forces on a colder part of the tyre under higher angles, now of course I could be talking to one of the best riders on a bike who could win the bsb but I highly doubt it

Ok, you're sat on the grid with another 20-30 bikes all wanting their own part of the 1st right hander which will be about 100mph. The lights come on and a) you wonder if the new tyres you've just done a warm up lap on are properly scrubbed in or b) you know they are because of the weaving that you did in the last 200metres up to the grid....

Can u not see the advantage of getting the tyres flexing and gaining heat ASAP then or do u have a method of ‘just riding’ to do this ... I love to learn so excuse the dumb ass question , it’s almost as dumb as saying I look cool weaving down the grid as my ass is jumping about more than a trampolinist as the nerves are rattling at the thought of my rear end sticking to that tarmac on take off ... or not. The first corner denotes a race, no stick , no chance

:dejection:[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

I

I think I may have been a bit harsh saying weavers are wankers and I apologise, I should have kept my harsh opinion to myself but regarding an advantage of flexing the tyres to gain heat, no I don?t agree, all you are doing is putting more forces on a colder part of the tyre under higher angles, now of course I could be talking to one of the best riders on a bike who could win the bsb but I highly doubt it

As I said I weave just as a bit of fun telling my mates let?s go but I don?t believe they put any heat in the tyre.
As for your comment about weavers being wankers a bit unfair for some but absolutely spot on with me [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I go riding with a group of lads on and off track and the only one that weaves has a boyfriend, he has admitted the only reason why he does it is to wave his ass at us and that is the only reason for it!
(he actually said that)

lol, so its a masculinity thing your worried about. You dont have to watch him. :)

lol, so its a masculinity thing your worried about. You dont have to watch him. :)

You really cant help it, the way he weaves his ass, all you can think is I wish that was my girlfriend doing that and then weaving would be totally acceptable(but only then!) ;)

Back