My Pirelli Rosso 3 Review

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
My riding; I do a couple of thousand road miles a year doing day ride outs etc. This year it's near zero cos that's life. I do 2 or 3 uk track days a year as well which I ride to and from. I'm around the low end of fast group if it's an average day.

Got these last week and popped them on the bike ready for Snetterton.

f7a3803405902476671921c8eb250ff5.jpg

ee6d7e88cb201078c5bb91fefe19b5bf.jpg

I have been using M7RRs for a couple of years and am interested to see what these are like. Some say that both tyres are essentially the same; good wet and dry performance and longevity.

Just a note on the M7s. Never let me down, very good in all conditions, lasted about 5k miles. My only complaint is that they would get a bit slippery when pushed really hard on a trackday session. More than 3 or 4 good laps in a row and the front would start to get wayward with the rear spinning up too.

So, 50 mile scrub in ride and then off to Snetterton (200 miles) wasn't the ideal start for new tyres.

Trackday subsequently completed.

7dfaaae006b1b306eead72260618f4b0.jpg

b4af05e0c7005c8a58206b4e907a4d16.jpg

I really liked this tyre. Huge confidence. Never felt like it was anywhere near its limits when pushing hard. On reflection the Rosso3s inspired me to go faster. I didn't experience the drop off in grip issue I had with the M7s, so thumbs up. It didn't rain and it was warm so conditions were very good.

1 trackday and 500 miles completed the tyres look hardly worn. If it rains later this week I might try them in the wet. So far so good.

I'm booked in for a set of these in a few weeks,plenty rain up here to test them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm booked in for a set of these in a few weeks,plenty rain up here to test them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah we would be aswell just having a Scottish wet weather Tyre section on here for us lot!! Good review Soof i only just got new Bridgestones on mine but its deff a toss up between these and the Metzellers next time round!

0 miles since that post.

Went for the perfect test ride today and took the GSA ffs. Forgot about the tyre review tbh. Heard 'showers likely' which translates to 'not the hp4'.

Thanks for the bump, I'll find some time to get some miles in, any excuse lol.

Good review thanks.
Have Bridgestone S20's on mine and was going for the S21's next.
However I am now seriously thinking of trying these Pirellis

I too have recently done a few hundred miles on a set of these and they are genuinely superb.

Attachments

• IMG_3756.jpg
    IMG_3756.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I wouldn't know Mac - All my other tyres have been Metzler K3's that I rated in the dry and hated in the wet!

I was tempted to go for the new racetec rr as it's dual compound like the pirelli's but I have a friend who basically works high up in a company that does millions of pounds worth of business in tyres and associated software and he got them for me for ?150 for the pair - gift horse n all that!

I've had my knee down on the right side of my tyres - the 'roundabout side' but need to go somewhere where they drive on the right to do some roundabouts on the other side of the tyre as I still have a left hand chicken strip!

Thanks Nick, how do you feel the rossos compare to the K3's in the dry in terms of front end feel and perceived grip? Cheers

Back