Rear seat splitting

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy

Reaction score
Hi everyone have not been on the forum for some time hope everyone is ok big hello to Jimmymac and loupe and all the boys up North. A question my rear seat unit is splitting its the 2nd one that has done so if anyone else has had the same problem I would like to know many thanks. Tommy

As per the photo thread on FB at the moment?

I've not seen it before. Looks like it's been mounted incorrectly or sat on.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Alex nice too know you are still is a moderator, the seat unit has as far as my ability working on motorcycles for more years than most of the members on the forum have been alive is fitted correctly.This is the second one that I have had go on me

Hi Tommy, I can't help you but it's good to hear from you again.
I haven't seen you out on the bike but come round for a cuppa sometime.

If no pressure gets applied it has to be vibration surely? Is the weak point a plastic weld, is it dead straight? What does the back of the painted section look like? Is there a clear seam in the mould?

Do you ever wear a backpack?

Once again Alex thanks for the reply no I don't wear a back pack ,I am 10st 5lbs ,not a large old man the same thing that the first one failed on happened to the second one. Thanks for the kind words Loupe I will try and get around and see you and Jimmy. Tommy

Hi Tommy, nice to hear from you again. Can you put a photo up on here so we can see it.
Its a new one on me.

JimmyMac

Hi Tommy, nice to hear from you again. Can you put a photo up on here so we can see it.
Its a new one on me.

JimmyMac

Hi Jimmy good too hear from you again , my brother in law put the pictures on faceache .Alex saw them and replyed yesterday. I went to bmw in tunbridge wells in kent today they loooked at the seat unit and said they would replace the unit and fit the new one free of charge , as this was a premium bike so very happy at the moment. Hope you and yours are fine end healthy will be in touch all the best Jimmy son Tommy.

Back