Hp4 Decat and remap

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekdg

Reaction score
Made the decision to fit a decat pipe to the HP4, after fitting it the bike sounds great but felt a little lagging on acceleration from 5-6k. Took the bike for a remap and from the initial run my thoughts were confirmed with a drop at 5-6k revs then picking up again.

Remap completed and the power curve is now so smooth.

Whilst the remap was being completed the JG speed fit mechanics who were there changed the engine in one of there zx10's which was having a couple of runs on the dyno.

It was rather funny when the mechanics saw the power curve of my bike and the fact of how consistent it was through the entire rev range.

What were the dyno figures like? Mines decatted and hasn't been remapped, sounds very much the same 5-6k range lull I have.

Jay you are correct from what i was told, they have put a overlap in the injectors to ensure no drop in power, i will get the curves uploaded, the bike is making 199 at the rear wheel. the JG speedfit bike made 225 at the wheel just before my bike was on so think the numbers are right.

Soon I think for the money and the time its work doing with how much better the bike feels.

Back