Brands GP

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats not bad tyre wear.
Below was my virtually new tyre after 3 sessions at brands gp
Munched!
Right hand side had no tread left at all
2uyn2tl.jpg

Tyre Wear

You need to work on suspension setup, and monitor tyre pressures, if your experiencing that sort of tyre wear this quickly.

There are only 3 lefts on the GP track so cold tear that side on super sensitive SC's.
If it was the SC1 then you needed the SC2.

- Alex

The problem was two things. Undersprung and under pressure.
I changed spring and now run 29spi in rear as im heavier and tyre wear was spot on

Are you saying it was hot tear then, as it looks cold to me.
I have no idea what its called but it happened on 4 trackdays until i changed it and done 3 with near perfect wear

Tyre Wear

The tyre wear pictured in post #21 looks like hot tearing especially if tyre pressure was too low. The fact that the tyre has worn so quickly suggests that the bikes setup needs work. As for the picture of the tyre in post #29 that?s indicative of all sorts of issues with suspension setup and pressure. You can quite happily back in / slide a well set up bike on corner entry or exit, but whilst you will experience tyre degradation you shouldn?t experience any of those wear patterns.

Alex. On a different note, did things calm down after I left, it was quite a weird febrile atmosphere, any more ambulances? I was only there for an hour or so late morning and saw loads of crashed bikes, especially in the fast group. Do you think they were trying to keep up with Mr BSB? I've never heard the tannoy telling everyone to calm down before.

I think the lunch break helped.
Both times I have done BrandsGP, once a group has an early red it seems they get frustrated and more follow.
As the full GP is not open often in a year I think inexperience and a lack of patience is more evident on that track.

Pretty sure we all lost a session...but the last one I did 13 flying laps...so that was extra long and uninterrupted :) my back was cream crackered from the compressions.

Managed a 1:44.8 and a bunch of 1:45 to 1:48's. Theoretical best was a 1:43. I know the 1:3x's are possible.

I will change to a 43t rear to extend the wheelbase and try to improve drive, reducing engine braking helping me maintain speed in the corners.

- Alex

Alex. On a different note, did things calm down after I left, it was quite a weird febrile atmosphere, any more ambulances? I was only there for an hour or so late morning and saw loads of crashed bikes, especially in the fast group. Do you think they were trying to keep up with Mr BSB? I've never heard the tannoy telling everyone to calm down before.

Main fast ones were at paddock. 2 things I put it down to was, 1/ tailwind down the straight increasing top speed and 2/ after tipping into paddock wind was getting under, washing the front. I certainly backed off through there, my cahoona's aren't that big nowadays lol

We need to talk about camera angles :D
Thank Bman nice to have someone follow me for a bit.

I can see where I was losing time maybe those, Galfers need to go they were vibrating under maximum effort.

The blast out of clearways the RR certainly lays down the power :D

- Alex

Cant wait to try the s1000rr there.
Im not sure i can match my times on zx10r there as that track really suited the kawasaki.
Bmw will be quicker on corner exits but i could brake so late with the zx.
My best is high 1.34s.
Heres 1 lap chasing a new race r1.
https://youtu.be/777SoWiQdmE

We need to talk about camera angles :D
Thank Bman nice to have someone follow me for a bit.

I can see where I was losing time maybe those, Galfers need to go they were vibrating under maximum effort.

The blast out of clearways the RR certainly lays down the power :D

- Alex

:encouragement: To be fair, it's the angle I use to see track, rpm, gears etc for personal use lol. Should've raised it for the day.... Good to see your lines picked up ….Good day all round

:encouragement: To be fair, it's the angle I use to see track, rpm, gears etc for personal use lol. Should've raised it for the day.... Good to see your lines picked up ….Good day all round
Its a good idea to see the dash too. Thats how i learn. You can see how different exits and lines etc effect your speeds

Back