Brands GP

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Last race of the weekend during BMCRC meeting, front and rear.

https://youtu.be/ptheTpipuo0

https://youtu.be/zaTUwkKsJCc

Great weekend, all dry for my races although other classes had some rain.
12 lapper on the Saturday with two six lappers on the Sunday.
Crap qualifying, just couldn't get the space with too many classes out at once, even managing a good lap would only put me 5-6 places further up the grid and at mid pack wouldn't make that much difference so came in to save tyres, fuel etc (that's my excuse lol)
1'42 put me 3rd........from the back !
Long story short, great battle with a Duke managing to take him on the last lap.
Down into the low 1'37 so happy with that putting me a lot further up the grid for 1st race on Sunday.
Sunday, couple of races were carried over from Saturday due to crashes etc so wasn't out 'till after lunch. Good battle with another s1k
out breaking him on the last bend of the last lap !!
Last race is the one in the above link.
Good weekend. good mates, good weather, great club.
Prob just going to do track days for the rest of the year.

Good time round the GP circuit mate.
It's been a couple of years since I've been round there in the dry, crashed there on my first outing in the wet last year lol
What class were you in? My mate was racing in the Rookie 1000

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Good time round the GP circuit mate.
It's been a couple of years since I've been round there in the dry, crashed there on my first outing in the wet last year lol
What class were you in? My mate was racing in the Rookie 1000

MRO powerbikes, guess yr mate will be in that next year

Glad you had a good weekend of racing, I throughly enjoyed watching the footage!

Wonder what it'd be like taking the big Z round there lol!?

I did brands gp last month on my 2015 zx10r. Got down to high 1min 34's.
Not bad for a road bike hey?
Just got s1000. Interested to see if i can match it

I did brands gp last month on my 2015 zx10r. Got down to high 1min 34's.
Not bad for a road bike hey?
Just got s1000. Interested to see if i can match it
Lap record is 1:24 by Byrne, I assume you race if you can do 1:34's! If not you could and should!

- Alex

That looked fun. I do like the idea of rolling starts, saves on the clutch i guess [emoji6]

Lap record is 1:24 by Byrne, I assume you race if you can do 1:34's! If not you could and should!

- Alex
No i dont race. I know i should have raced but im 40 now and never had the oppourtunity when i was younger. I just like trackdays as theres no pressure. The thing that puts me off racing is the people who think they are marquez and smash it up the inside all the time. I dont wanna get hurt

No i dont race. I know i should have raced but im 40 now and never had the oppourtunity when i was younger. I just like trackdays as theres no pressure. The thing that puts me off racing is the people who think they are marquez and smash it up the inside all the time. I dont wanna get hurt

:biggrin-new: a mere sprog ! Only reason I tried racing late (very late) in life is I never had the chance when I was younger. Had to tick that box :Banane45:

Had a great ride to Brands and back today. Good to meet you Keith. Your bike is fekkin awesome.
-
keith.jpg
-
I've sent a dropbox link to the original photos and the videos to Alex.

Alex, the gap between pics 1 and 2 is me with heart in mouth as you stepped that rear end out coming out of clarke onto brabhams. Cookin.
No joke, the only other person doing that was Mr BSB (I took a look at his Tyco, he was lording it in there. Big fish, small pond). OK, not as fast as him, but hats off for balls.
The GP circuit is scary fast going into clarke. :eek:
-
alex.jpg
-
Whatsapped you the dropbox link to pics and vids. Photos are best my phone can manage.

Sitting here looking at these pictures, it strikes me that this would be a great way to study ones technique. It's simple to do in photoshop. With a high res SLR camera on a stand you could get a really good feedback on where one could improve. Obviously depends where you could stand to take pics tho...
-
Can you imagine how great an off in high resolution would look, Lol. ...

Last edited:
Cheers for popping over Hugh, and taking some pics/video.

Had a great day, lots of good practice with the new suspension, brakes, cipons/throttle.

The 16/46t gearing is too much for Brands, one of the reasons it was looking lairy out of Clarke and down Brabham. The most lairy was out of Dingle Dell, last session, proper sphincter tightener as I tapped the power in the corner exit. Deffo left a dark on the track, and my pants!

Following Keith for many laps was great, appreciate him taking the time to drag me around. Very smooth lines. The RSV4 does corner beautifully, and sound pretty sweet too.

Got some work to do on the suspension setup, based on these tyre pics. Note the back side of the tread has been ripped away...the lhs being worst as it was the cold side.

a5bf7d09cddb9d3a69da9e5f64c330f7.jpg
5b4688886493bb47557076dee95fd682.jpg
2b93a65c0ba8079175948a2f37696ec2.jpg
3c1101c93ae0de4644961f8779832afe.jpg

- Alex

Last edited:
Back