HP4 sprocket and chain size.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malic1212

Reaction score
Is there any difference between the 2013 s1000rr and 2013 HP4 chain and sproket sizes? BMW Tayside seem to think there is but wouldn't go into detail. My understanding is 525 pitch, 17 teeth (which BMW says is different) and 44 teeth sprockets and 118 link chain? Just trying to make sure I order the right stuff before splitting chains.

Stephen did mine the same as the oe a couple of months ago so he's knows for sure.

Sprockets

The front sprocket is identical but the rear sprocket will be different. This is because the rear sprocket carrier on the HP forged wheels is different to the one used on the standard cast wheels.

OEM HP4 Sprocket Size & Chain Length

OEM sprocket size and chain length for the HP4 is 17/45 and 118.

Last edited:
44 was Gen 1 I though.
17/45 on Gen2 w/ 118 link chain ( thought the HP4 was the same )
17/45 on Gen3 with 120link chain

Also, just fyi, you must get HP4 spec Rear Sprocket as thats the forged rim fitment.

- Sent from Mobile

Davy I've got a spare HP4 oem sprocket, done less than 500 miles if its any good to you. Its yours for a coffee and a million Hobnobs.

JimmyMac

Davy I've got a spare HP4 oem sprocket, done less than 500 miles if its any good to you. Its yours for a coffee and a million Hobnobs.

JimmyMac

Cheers bud but hoping to upgrade to a Renthal or supersprox. Do love those hobnobs, would be hard to part with.

Calsport do Supersprox but were out of stock when I asked.

I just got a Renthal for the HP4/Forged rims from AR Racing on eBay

053100e889295f7a8f0a7423730d1eaf.jpg

?36

But I'll be honest if you're not after bling then Jimmy's offer is a fine one!

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
Cheers bud but hoping to upgrade to a Renthal or supersprox. Do love those hobnobs, would be hard to part with.

Nae worries pal, will drop off the "Malic show" tomorrow, just watched it, you are Epic from Inveraray to Tyndrum, you look like a thin me, lol.

JimmyMac

Yes, happy to sacrifice out right weight saving for long interval running.

- Sent from Mobile

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what does 525 pitch have to do with weight saving and long interval running?

Jay meant, I've not gone for the 520 pitch and the lighter drive train components that go with that. I would guess switching to a 520 would save a kilo of driven inertia.

525 is the stock, built for reliability, sizing of the same.

So I've just left it as stock as I'm not looking to weight save - just wanted the pretty gold disc :)

Last edited:
Back