HP4 sprocket and chain size.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 Kg saved in rotational mass would save roughly 1.6 Kgs in static terms Alex, or 4 big steak pies.

I know where my money is getting spent, lol.

JimmyMac

1 Kg saved in rotational mass would save roughly 1.6 Kgs in static terms Alex, or 4 big steak pies.

I know where my money is getting spent, lol.

JimmyMac

Well this is it. I lightened the last bike a lot. Lithium Battery etc. But never did shift the belly which sits far higher!

So what's the weight difference between the oe Hp rear sprocket and the anodised aluminium and/or supersprox. I fitted another oe to my bike so would be interested to see how much disadvantage that gives me :).

So what's the weight difference between the oe Hp rear sprocket and the anodised aluminium and/or supersprox. I fitted another oe to my bike so would be interested to see how much disadvantage that gives me :).

0.0001 seconds a lap!

I will weigh the Renthal later.

Always ran/run a 525 for maintenance and longevity. I'd bet no-one on here would be able to tell the difference riding 2 bikes back to back with different chains lol

Chain Pitch

520 pitch chain and sprockets are generally used on race/track bikes as they offer a marginal reduction in unsprung weight but to the detriment of longevity. That and there is a wider range of 520 pitch sprocket sizes which are more readily available for use with aftermarket lightweight wheels. If your bike is predominantly used on the road with the occasional trackday then your best off sticking with a 525 pitch chain and sprockets as they will last longer. If your doing a lot of trackdays, or are racing, and are routinely altering gearing then a 520 pitch chain and a good selection of sprocket sizes makes sense.

Bringing up an old thread,

Someone has offered me a OEM HP chain and sprocket that has only covered the initial run in of approx 600 miles. I just require the link.. is it worth buying that?

Someone has offered me a OEM HP chain and sprocket that has only covered the initial run in of approx 600 miles. I just require the link.. is it worth buying that?

If it's off a stranger on Facebook stay away ;)

You're treating a 16k bike like a 1999 Gixxer. Have some pride. Put on new OEM Steel Sprockets for longevity and either an OEM chain or better.

Went for Renthal 17/45 and Tsubaki Gold 525 from B&C Express along with 2 sets of Front Brembo pads.....Commuting into London is harsh :)... Delivery is 2-3 days as pads not in stock.

Service was excellent.... checked to ensure sprocket would be compatible with the HP rims... called back and confirmed all within 15 mins....

Last edited:
You're treating a 16k bike like a 1999 Gixxer. Have some pride. Put on new OEM Steel Sprockets for longevity and either an OEM chain or better.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.................

Have some pride! Brilliant.

JimmyMac

That is exactly the set up I bought from B and C last year..brilliant service. The join link was fussily tight so another one sent next day FOC..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back