Finally finished, she is now a track slag!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick753

Reaction score
7 weeks and she is pretty much done, a few tweaks that I need to do before I get her out on the track shortly but reasonably happy.

Took a chance on fibreglass fairings which when painted weren't much cheaper than CRC ones would have been (painted) but they probably gave me the biggest headache, around 4hrs trying to move things around and get them lined up and having to remove my radiator guard too, but they are on now (they just have a few battle scars now! :moody: ).

I had been telling myself that perhaps I should have just gone for a ready made track bike as I have done in the past but I really wanted to take this bike on the track and put my own mark on it this time around and I am glad I did.

Where it all started on the day of delivery,

DSCN2201.jpg

where it sort of hovered for a bit :courage:

20160224_143308.jpg

And where she is this morning, from this point on the clothes may change but she will likely never go back on the road.

20170624_105423.jpg20170624_105435.jpg20170624_105918.jpg

Nice one Mick. Bike looks the biz I'm sure you will be doing it justice on track.

If you mean riding slow enough that everyone will get a good look then absolutely!! :tongue-new:

Brilliant Mick... doesnt take much for me to start dreaming again... this is encouraging...pity we wont see you out on the roads m8

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That looks fantastic, Great job and lots of trick bits that I can only imagine the cost of!
Enjoy the new toy :redface-new:

I got a bit bored this afternoon and decided to finish off the heat shielding in the bellypan and I wasn't comfortable with the clean break couplings on the brake lines as the lines need ideally to be full race length rather than following the standard configuration, it just felt like the lines in their fitted position once the forks were compressing would force outwards and potentially foul on the fairings. Something I wasn't prepared to risk as I didn't want any undue pressure being applied to the clean break couplings or the fittings further down.

So for the time being I have fitted longer lines and changed the banjo's so the lines sit better, once i have had the bike out and set it up I will likely ditch the ABS and switch to the normal 3 brake lines and put them back on.

I wasn't comfortable not having a radiator guard fitted either, i've personnally had stones through radiators before and i've put at least 2 through other people's and it's all too easy for something that small to ruin your day, given that i am doing a double header in a weeks time I wasn't prepared to go "unprotected" :tongue-new:

So for the time being I am using a tried and tested bit of B&Q aluminium, it's actually thinner stuff and has more holes than the Evo Tech guards that it is replacing so temperatures shouldn't be a problem but I will keep an eye on it anyway, definitely looks a lot cleaner!!! :applause:

1498330814933.jpg

Carbon Fibre Frame Protectors

If you get the chance I would personally change the carbon fibre frame protectors for a set that cover the frame spars as well. My alpha Racing set saved my frame from any damage and the only part that made contact with the ground was the section covering the frame spar.

Re: Carbon Fibre Frame Protectors

If you get the chance I would personally change the carbon fibre frame protectors for a set that cover the frame spars as well. My alpha Racing set saved my frame from any damage and the only part that made contact with the ground was the section covering the frame spar.

FWIW, Ilmberger make a specific set of right angles with rubbing pads built in.

Re: Carbon Fibre Frame Protectors

cheers for that, it is something that i had thought about when i first got the protectors and hadn't really taken into account the protection, more the aesthetics at the time, i think over winter i will likely strip these ones off and do the job properly.

Crash Protection

Good crash protection is always worthwhile as there is almost a certain inevitably about crashing a track only bike at some point...

That bike is stunning. Really well finished with quality components. Awesome job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great job mick

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back