Fast Bikes Mag

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw the result appears to be entirely down to lap time.

- Sent from Mobile
That is all it can be, I test rode one back to back with new ZX10R. The rsv4 rf was like riding a plank on the road, effin good for track no doubt but far too stiff for road use.

Yeah - The verdict on the BMW was;

"The comfiest, friendliest, best-kitted-for-the-road superbike is starting to feel a little old in this company. Still incredibly fast and adept, but, misses out on the podium."

Other selected quotes;

"BMW provides a lesson in proper ride-by-wire refinement"
"There's not one area of the circuit that the BMW struggled with..."

Yeah - The verdict on the BMW was;

"The comfiest, friendliest, best-kitted-for-the-road superbike. Still incredibly fast and adept."
And that is why I told my friend to try the S1000RR after we both rode the Aprilia n ZX10 back to back. He took the test ride and BOUGHT the S1000RR....

I dont think any of the Journo's would use their own dosh to buy an Aprilia, would you?

Last edited:
Well this is it, from my limited experience. I love the R1 on track, but if you told me to run one on the road I'd dread it using it. So lapping faster on an R1 (in the mag test) does not make it a better bike.

- Sent from Mobile

If you only want to use the bike on the track, then maybe Yamaha or Aprilia, but if you want a capable bike on track and usable on the road then the BMW still does it for me.

I just did 1200 miles riding to and around the Isle of Man for the TT, two up as well, I would not have wanted to be on any of the other two.

Last edited:
Back