Project sc conical exhaust gen 3

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thefridge1980

Reaction score
Hi guys
Anyone out there running a sc conical with the baffle in? I put mine on with the baffle out and due to back pressure its rough at low revs.. I know you shouldn't believe everything you see online but I heard with the baffle in it reduced the bhp.. I can't seem to find any facts. I'm not in a position of fitting a power Commander and altering the map right now. Just wondered if anyone else had any knowledge on it?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

You don't need a fueling adjustment on an end can. And yes a dbKiller will know 2-3bhp off of what's a fairly healthy power band I expect you're not using to the max, on the road.

I run the exact same slip-on on my Gen 3 RR with the baffle out. No issues without at all and it passes (or has done so far at least) all the noise tests at track days at Oulton/Cadwell and Donnington where it was measuring between 92-97db at 5k rpm (static).

The only other 'mod' I've added is a K&N filter. Haven't bothered with any mapping or fuelling mods as yet and the bike runs fine and pulls as strong as it did out of the factory.

It's a nice bit of kit the SC Conic and a good price too, I've been really impressed so far.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Carlcouk, the main reason I kicked this off was that I put my standard exhaust back on for a track day and at low revs the bike feel much smoother, I think it's the exhaust back pressure without the baffle in.

Cheers Carlcouk, the main reason I kicked this off was that I put my standard exhaust back on for a track day and at low revs the bike feel much smoother, I think it's the exhaust back pressure without the baffle in.

I can't honestly say I've felt any negative difference with the baffle out to that of the standard setup. The only reason I would consider the baffle ( and carry it with me to track days) is the noise limit factor.

Whether it's because I've fitted the K&N (not sure if you have or not) my bike has retained all its fuelling manners, so far at least.

In addition I only ever use V-Power or equivalent 98 octagon fuel, which again may or may not make a small difference to the smoothness of the fuelling.

I'd give it a try with a filter maybe and see what you think. :)

I can't honestly say I've felt any negative difference with the baffle out to that of the standard setup. The only reason I would consider the baffle ( and carry it with me to track days) is the noise limit factor.

Whether it's because I've fitted the K&N (not sure if you have or not) my bike has retained all its fuelling manners, so far at least.

In addition I only ever use V-Power or equivalent 98 octagon fuel, which again may or may not make a small difference to the smoothness of the fuelling.

I'd give it a try with a filter maybe and see what you think. :)

Yes that's my plan tonight, I'll see what it's like with the baffle in. I won't scare so much wildlife this way too ha ha

Put the baffle in last night to see what it felt like and it was pants, the bike felt like it was struggling to breathe,

Yes best to run without it, and it's not ouch louder (if at all) than the stock pipe

Back