Cruise control

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
So, after using the cruise control on the A1 back south on Sunday, i noticed that sometimes it "just came on" by itself... at first I thought i pressed it by accident, however, it happened 3 times and once nearly caught me off guard....

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

So, after using the cruise control on the A1 back south on Sunday, i noticed that sometimes it "just came on" by itself... at first I thought i pressed it by accident, however, it happened 3 times and once nearly caught me off guard....

Has anyone else had this happen to them?
Prior to it coming on by itself, were you using it? Or was it completly switched off and locked?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

It doesn't take much of a cuff to engage it. Best to lock it off when not in use. I don't know if a severe bump could do it.
I've caught it unexpectedly a few times.

But I bloody love it.

Agreed with the above, I always switch it off to locked when not using it. If you were using it and continued to pull away from the set position there is a chance it dropped back to the set position giving you the feeling like it kicked back in.. Just a thought

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Did the little green light come on on the dash (I presume its the same as the GS)? Did it come on and therefore you accelerated?

If it is activating without you doing it, it points to a problem with the switchgear gremlins.

The light did come on.....it just seemed to accelerate to its last know position.... (scary when coming off the A1 into London traffic and it coming on)

I guess best just to set it to the off position when not in use....

Last edited:
PBCAK.
User Error [emoji12] :)

Resume is pull back on the stick, easily done when moving your hand...

- Sent from Mobile

So, Cruise control is set to ON
I use cruise control for a bit and then finish using CC by rolling forward on the throttle.
I leave CC set to on
then whilst riding along like "normal" it just comes on again and then I have to roll forward the throttle....

"resume" cannot be normal....just by accelerating?

DEFINATLEY going to switch if off before i put my leg over :)

I always set mine to off/locked when I'm done going through the average speed cameras. I've done the accidental engage/resume thing when riding through winter with big thick gloves on - takes a second or 2 to register the fact.

on mine if I increment the switch (decelerate) to a desired speed I find it'll stay fixed at that speed when the switch is released however, if I make a big step change, as in keep the switch pressed till I get to a desired speed, I find that it speeds back up again when the switch is released. Is that normal?

Back