Back on a HP4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekdg

Reaction score
Well after selling my last HP4 for personal reasons, i went to a gen 3. this was sold to go to a S1000xr, after just a couple of months on the Xr its clear that i much prefer a sports bike.

So today I picked up a 2014 HP4 Carbon.

After a short 40 mile spin today, I have to say its so good to be back on a HP4

I'd love a HP4, they look bloody amazing. But couldn't bring myself to ride it and enjoy it as I'd be adding 'miles' (km's down here) to it and feel like I'm ruining it in general. Plus they cost a pretty penny here in Australia used.
I have a 2016 S1000RR and can't even bring myself to commute on it...stupid I feel, but can't get over it. Plus I'd be so be paranoid about it getting stolen/played with during the day here...(we can park legally on footpaths here in my neck of the woods in Australia).

Wow Cobo, I though Aussies were all meant to be laid back chilled out surfer types? Life's way too short to worry about using a machine that was designed to be....used!
Nothing wrong with keeping your ride looking pristine, I love mine looking great but they are not just ornaments, they were all built to get ridden.
Hope you get out more and enjoy your bike in the sunshine.

JimmyMac

I love my baby, and keep her immaculate, but hell I ride her hard.
13000 miles plus, she crys if I don't take her out, got a house full of ornaments

Wow Cobo, I though Aussies were all meant to be laid back chilled out surfer types? Life's way too short to worry about using a machine that was designed to be....used!
Nothing wrong with keeping your ride looking pristine, I love mine looking great but they are not just ornaments, they were all built to get ridden.
Hope you get out more and enjoy your bike in the sunshine.

JimmyMac

Yep, I gotta agree with you tbh.
Few other issues are in play though (living in an apartment; no water to wash regularly and iffy security).

Back