givi tankbag

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BONEY

Reaction score
Anybody know if s1000 filler cap is same as any other bm models ? Fancy buying givi tankbag which clips on seperate piece bolted to filler cap,but they currently dont list s1000rr .Looks quite a neat idea clips on/off in seconds. Any thoughts? appreciate any help.

No, not the same as other BMW's, the s1k does not have external fixing bolts for the Givi ring. I ended up fitting the sw motech bags connection kit which is the same concept as the Givi. They supply a special module for the S1k to enable the tank bag ring to be fitted. Works real well, touch costly but seemed to be the only sensible solution if you want to fit a reasonable sized bag.

Hope this helps

How big do you need the tank bag to be.

Another option is the wunderlich one.

ScreenShot2012-04-08at150957.png

Big enough so I can fit more than my keys in it - I looked at the Wunderlich offering but it was way too small for what I wanted and IMHO somewhat pointless (just like the BMW accesory offering) as a means of carrying gear around.

reddevil007 link=topic=1108.msg10324#msg10324 date=1342293719 said:
I have the BMW one and it's a great bit of kit and can squeeze fair amount into it
I'll agree,got mine from a guy on the forum,and I had alien t-shirt in there my old indicators,and loads of other bits! Looks really nice and easy to remove.

Each to their own I guess, but for me the BMW bag looks really odd and is too small for my needs. Very happy with the SW motech quick-loc system I opted for with choice of bag size and it's simple on/off connection system.

Dartanion link=topic=1108.msg10339#msg10339 date=1342301696 said:
Each to their own I guess, but for me the BMW bag looks really odd and is too small for my needs. Very happy with the SW motech quick-loc system I opted for with choice of bag size and it's simple on/off connection system.
True,but the BMW tank bag comes off in seconds! It's just a clip,and then slide the bag off.

Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=1108.msg10354#msg10354 date=1342374988 said:
Dartanion link=topic=1108.msg10339#msg10339 date=1342301696 said:
True,but the BMW tank bag comes off in seconds! It's just a clip,and then slide the bag off.

It's the same with the quick loc system - has a pull tab and the bag is released.

Yes do need to remove bag to refuel, but hardly a big issue.

Back